• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

"Superman: Man of Steel" to go the route of "Batman Begins" -- The Filmsmith

"Superman: Man of Steel" to go the route of "Batman Begins" -- The Filmsmith

I really think that this film should be a success so long as Nolan is a part of it somehow. With Nolan as a driving force, Snyder may finally move away from his usual style-over-substance ways. Things are looking so far, though. I think a lot of people's opinions will be swayed over the weekend, though, with Sucker Punch coming out. But, perhaps however that film does will be meaningless in comparison to anything related to the Superman project.

http://thefilmsmith.com/2011/03/23/superman-man-of-steel-goes-the-route-of-batman-begins/

I have no problem with this, going a more "realistic" style ala Nolan's Batman-but also Superman needs have the action element-something that for me too was lacking the last Superman film.

Any rumors on Villains? Yes I am sure Luthor is involved, but they also need a nemesis for Superman to go toe to toe with.

The only name I heard, as far as villains are concerned, was General Zod. There had been a rumor going around that Viggo Mortensen would play the role but Snyder put that one to rest--no Viggo, but not necessarily no General Zod.

Zod would make sense-too bad about Viggo, I think he would have done a good Zod (though if he grew his beard ala Aragorn, I'd half expect him to say "War is upon, whether you wish or not Kal-El!" :lol:

Back