• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

superhero movie

making a superhero film has always been my dream. I have a plot (down scene to scene) done and I just would like some advice on editing once I have filming done. Nothing I have requires special effects but it's very VFX intense in some sequences. It's nothing that I couldn't learn to do (as I have done effects that are similar before) but I would like some advice on what to do during filming to make editing easier

making a superhero film has always been my dream. I have a plot (down scene to scene) done and I just would like some advice on editing once I have filming done. Nothing I have requires special effects but it's very VFX intense in some sequences. It's nothing that I couldn't learn to do (as I have done effects that are similar before) but I would like some advice on what to do during filming to make editing easier

Storyboard all your shots. Any shots that require teleportation, make sure the camera is on sticks and shoot your background plates for them. Compositing 3D elements into live action footage, make sure you snap photos of the area so you can recreate the lighting scheme in 3D to match it with the live action footage.

Back