Superbad HD Release question

Hi, im new here so let me know if im posting in the wrong place please.

I have a quick question. I saw Superbad at the cinema a while ago and really enjoyed it. But now I hear its being released on double dvd and blu-ray and wondered what peoples opinions are on it?

Will a HD release bring more to the film? Does anyone know what extras are being included?

All I can find so far is the following link for the Essence of McLovin trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LGoTeeLsAKM

Thanks in advance and nice forum btw!

I personally don't see any benefit to having a HD version of Superbad. (bought the DVD on the day it came out).

For the price difference, save that money and buy special effect/visually intensive movies, where it will really shine.

Superbad...really

Hey guys,

I am making a disclaimer right now...I apologize in advance if I offend anybody with the statements that follow. Now, with that out of the way, I thought the movie Superbad was SUPER BAD! I was totally disappointed because it got rave reviews and when I rented it (yes I ALWAYS rent before I buy), I was upset because it wasn't funny and all out just a horrible display of stupidity. I didn't understand the storyline...why was it called Superbad? What the heck was it suppose to be about?

Hi Temaka, I know what you are saying, but I think its a generational thing. Theres a lot of movies coming out that are like this and they are getting huge rave reviews (american pie etc etc) so its probably just something that todays teenagers are really into.

Which is why I why I was surprised at this movie too, as its not something id normally watch but I found myself laughing at quite a lot of the scenes.

Mindless, peurile base humour fun - I think Judd Apatow has a knack at things like this.

Thanks for the headsup guys, im now heading in the dvd direction! :)

I think it was called Superbad because when someone read the original draft of the script, they were trying to find a word worse than bad to describe how awful it was. Somehow that became the name.

I thought it was funny, but not as much as people made it out to be. I liked it because it reminded me of high school (which was only a couple of years ago). I wouldn't expect grown adults to laugh at it.

I personally don't see any benefit to having a HD version of Superbad. (bought the DVD on the day it came out).

For the price difference, save that money and buy special effect/visually intensive movies, where it will really shine.

I agree.

As much as I dig that movie, it just doesn't seem like something that demands the best in picture and sound quality.

With the PQ/AQ upgrade blu-ray or HD DVD bring, it really is a huge difference. I find the video commentaries that run during the film to be really helpful, so if you have the stuffs, go for it. If you find the price to be too expensive (like me) and don't like buying DVDs Netflix is a good deal, if you watch a lot of movies.

Then again, for movies like this DVD will do just fine if you're purchasing. But for movies like Blade Runner, Children of Men, movies that deserve to be watched many times, HD > DVD

Thanks for the informed and thoughtful responses everyone. I went for the Blu-ray version in the end as although I agree that Blu-ray really shines with CGI heavy scenes, its good to see the comedies being given a polish too.

Hey guys,

I am making a disclaimer right now...I apologize in advance if I offend anybody with the statements that follow. Now, with that out of the way, I thought the movie Superbad was SUPER BAD! I was totally disappointed because it got rave reviews and when I rented it (yes I ALWAYS rent before I buy), I was upset because it wasn't funny and all out just a horrible display of stupidity.

I'm with you. I just watched it on Sat. and was really excited to be seeing this movie. After the first hour I just fast forwarded through it because I was bored by it. What a terrible movie it was.

Back