• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Summer Expectations VS Reality

Not into teen vlogging-type videos, so I can't really comment on how good it was. But I can tell you that you can't use copyrighted music (without getting permission from the owner), and make money off of it. The alarm clock sounded like a police siren :hmm:, and it was not that funny (it seemed like you were trying to tell jokes).

Try not to be too harsh! Let me know what you liked AND disliked!

Did you write that because rayw gave you advice and made a joke, and you got really offended and sarcastic? :)

First off, I didn't use copyrighted music, and I did ask the owner if I could use his music anyway.. Secondly, I don't think you quite understood the siren bit, but it's fine. I wasn't trying to 'tell' any jokes.. But I know my viewers found it funny, so I guess you didn't understand it because you're "Not into teen vlogging-type videos"

Thanks for your comment anyways, I appreciate it!

Just watched it again.

I thought I heard a Macklemore song starting at 0:32.

I get the whole police siren thing (after second viewing). It's just not the type of humor I like. I guess "telling" jokes wasn't the right words, but it seemed like you were cutting away to small segments every now and then for comedic effect. Not my thing, but there's an audience for this.

Oh yes sorry, I forgot about Macklemore. On YouTube you can have a maximum of 30 seconds of a song without having to worry about copyright. If you want more than 30 seconds you then have to ask the owner if you can use it.

I appreciate your comment and I do understand what you are saying, but like you said, it's not your type of video, and yes, there is an audience for this.

I really don't want to watch that video. I am a YouTube partner, they are very, very strict on copyrighted music. I have used music for less than 30 seconds a lot, and I haven't had any problems with YouTube or my partner.

I really don't want to watch that video. I am a YouTube partner, they are very, very strict on copyrighted music. I have used music for less than 30 seconds a lot, and I haven't had any problems with YouTube or my partner.
I was thinking about saying something in your defense but since you are monetizing on the video, you might think about adopting a different attitude on the matter.

Otherwise I think it was well made for a vlog.

Well I am being careful with what I put on my channel, if anything does happen, well, I will learn from my mistakes. I don't think YouTube will have a go at me for using less than 8 seconds of a Macklemore song.

But, thank you anyway.

Just went to the actual video. You do not have 301 views yet, so you're safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIkhgagvrjI

I know, I know, you don't want to watch that video :rolleyes:

I didn't 'steal' it?

I didn't claim it was mine

Oh, and it was under 10 seconds long, I don't think Macklemore will care, if anything, he will be grateful for using his song on a video!

Back