• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

stutter from 6d at 24p

Hey guys, I can't tell if I'm being weird or if a lot of the footage from my 6D is full of stutter. I have some samples to check out but I feel that the best way to actually tell if there is stutter would be to send some of you the .mov files to play from your hard drive (as opposed to vimeo or another player that might actually cause some playback stutter). To me the footage looks really jerky, even when camera movement is relatively smooth. Once I upload the files I'm hoping you guys can tell me if the footage looks weird or if maybe I'm just moving the camera too erratically to get smooth looking motion.

Everything I'm going to upload was shot at ISO 640, 24p (IPB), 1/50 at f/7.1 on a Canon 40mm f/2.8 prime
I am using a SanDisk Extreme Pro SD card (95mbps) so card speed shouldn't be a problem.
I should also mention that my lens lacks IS. Now I'm thinking this could also be the problem.

What is the best way to host these files so you guys can download them and give me your analysis? I'm pretty new to full frame DSLR and I crave high image quality so I can't tell if I'm just being picky or if there actually is something wrong with the way I'm capturing the footage. Let me know!

Last edited:
Back