• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Story Script for music video, need help

Hi, so recently i was contacted to shoot a music video, i decided that i want a story in it and that this time i would spend alot of time planning and pre-productioning...

So heres the script...

https://www.celtx.com/auth/public/resource/ylsrmjb8

basically i had a vision of a drug deal gone wrong, the beginning would show the rapper making alot of money, in between that i want some powerful shots in a warehouse, and then it ends on an action fight scene of him shooting two guys and getting away with it..

i showed the script to my guy and he loved it, now i need some practical information on how to shoot it and how to structure the script so that everything is streamlined..

thanks!

i showed the script to my guy and he loved it, now i need some practical information on how to shoot it and how to structure the script so that everything is streamlined..

thanks!

What else did you do in pre-production?

Do I understand it correctly: you are pasting a short story over the music?
If so, are you relating the scenes to the structure of the song? And do you use queues in the music to highlight actions/cuts in the images and vice versa?
Or does the artist also perform as rapper/singer? If so: it's not in your script.

Back