• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Still Love

IS the effect too much?

It will look more authentic if you change your framerate to about 15fps.

Right now it looks like a filter applied to video (which it is). It looks suspiciously crisp underneath that sepia.

The actual film was decent, though a bit repetitive after a while. I got a good chuckle at the end. It definitely works.

I've never seen a girl just quite that happy-looking before, btw.
smiley_pacgirl.gif

Damn, philandering Impressionists!!!1

Yah, agree with Zen that a sped-up frame rate would be more consistent with silent film footage. You do have the signature melodramatic gestures down. Cute little short. :)

Was that a portrait of Lincoln he was cheating with?:lol:

Oh, and the scratched filmstrip app actually hovered into the painting (on some shots) making the figure appear to move, thought that was kinda cool.

Last edited:
Nice idea. It can work. From the story point of view I would bring the conflict earlier. As Zensteve says, it gets a bit repetitive, and I think that there is more potential on the conflict of the painting cheating with Lilcoln(?) - that was pretty funny -

Also you can use more theater like talking, so it's clear that you are talking and not the painting. Chaplin's movies are great examples (lately I have been revisiting them all).

Also make sure you are in frame, you get out at times and it was pretty blury.

Still filmed by yourself it's pretty cool an imaginative! Sure you can make a pretty cool short there. I liked the idea that you went for a silent movie (thinking about it on my next project).

It will look more authentic if you change your framerate to about 15fps.

Right now it looks like a filter applied to video (which it is). It looks suspiciously crisp underneath that sepia.
A great point, thanks for the tip! That change will be made on my next draft.

The actual film was decent, though a bit repetitive after a while. I got a good chuckle at the end. It definitely works.
So glad you think it works! It made me laugh, I was hoping others might have a similar sense of humor :) As for the repetitiveness, I totally agree. I'm assuming your talking about the dancing going on and on. I wanted to make sure I had action through the whole song, but I didn't have enough footage. Once I get another person or two to help me out, I'd love to do some shots of maybe walking through the park, having a picnic, dining al fresco etc. and then hopefully have enough that I can speed it up a lot to look more like a silent film.
If anyone in Chicago knows their way around a camera (or wants to play the arms and legs of a painting), I am looking for you!
I've never seen a girl just quite that happy-looking before, btw.
smiley_pacgirl.gif
That's sad. lol

You do have the signature melodramatic gestures down. Cute little short. :)
Thankyou very much!
Was that a portrait of Lincoln he was cheating with?:lol:
It most certainly was. It was actually the Salvador Dali painting where it's actually two different paintings depending on how you look at it. http://www.authenticsociety.com/img/Dali.Gala.Lincoln.20meters.jpg

Dali is from my region, I wish I got a tenth of his talent and imagination... well, at least my movies can be understood... hahhahha

Back