• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Star Wars VFX WIP

PaulWrightyThen

IOTM Winner
Hi Guys,

just thought I'd share some stills that started off as a compositing exercise, but is slowly turning into an actual fan film.

WAIT! Don't click off just yet...

It's a work in progress, like I say, but I'm hoping it can be a fan film that looks alright.

FalconCloudsHalf.png

FalconTakeoffHalf.png

FalconSpacehalf.png

Cheers guys. :)

Yeah, these are all animated and composited by me. Can't take credit for the models. They are from Foundation 3D. I like grain on my images. Helps blend vfx in with the live action plates.

Wow these look great! The models blend very clean with the back plates, and the lighting is so good that it looks natural...instead of CGI rendered light that most fan films have.

Keep up the good work!

Lightwave can be great, buit can also be a massive pain because of some really antiquated architecture. one undo in the graph editor and stuff like that.

But to get a good looking render out of it takes next to no time.

Lightwave can be great, buit can also be a massive pain because of some really antiquated architecture. one undo in the graph editor and stuff like that.

But to get a good looking render out of it takes next to no time.

I know it was used exclusively on Battle Star Galactica because of what you just mentioned, quick turn around time. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your work.

Hi Guys,

just thought I'd share some stills that started off as a compositing exercise, but is slowly turning into an actual fan film.

WAIT! Don't click off just yet...

It's a work in progress, like I say, but I'm hoping it can be a fan film that looks alright.

FalconCloudsHalf.png

FalconTakeoffHalf.png

FalconSpacehalf.png

These look great?! One small detail though, the Falcon needs a little more wear-n-tear or dirt. She never looks that clean in Star Wars? Other than that... your skills are complete, indeed you are a CG Jedi like the Admin has foreseen. Nice work! Let's see the wrap!

Back