stage sound: help needed

We are trying to modernize a small theatre stage.

The old lighting and sound booth has an outdated control panel. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to digitize all the sound effects and run everything through a laptop ? :huh:

Any suggestions / ideas would be helpful.

THX

I have a recent background in theatre sound. For Windows laptop-based sound effects, check out Show Cue Systems. I can't say enough good things about this software. It will also allow you to interface to mult-i/o devices (typically firewire) like those made by presonus and m-audio, and have your cues routed to any number of speakers throughout the venue. A typical example would be to locate a speaker behind a sofa near a prop telephone, and routing the phone ring to that speaker.

Additionally, if your lighting console supports MIDI, you can use Show Control to trigger all of your lighting cues as well. So, in effect, every sound and lighting cue in your show can be driven from one laptop.

We are trying to modernize a small theatre stage.

The old lighting and sound booth has an outdated control panel. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way to digitize all the sound effects and run everything through a laptop ? :huh:

Any suggestions / ideas would be helpful.

THX

Last edited:
Back