South African with a Master's Degree in Film Scoring

Hi!

I'm a South African composer, orchestrator and arranger based in the Netherlands with 4 years of experience in the animated film and video game industry. I hold an MFA from the film Scoring Academy of Europe lectured by Dr. Andy Hill (vice-head of music at The Walt Disney Studios from 1987 to 1996), Norman Ludwin (orchestrator for Jurassic World), Conrad Pope (orchestrator for Harry Potter, Star Wars) and Mikolai Stroinski (composer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Age of Empires 4). Received masterclasses from Mychael Dana (The Life of Pi), Gareth Coker (Ori and the Blind Forest), John Powell (How to Train Your Dragon) and Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings).

I'm a huge fan of Wes Anderson, Steven Spielberg, Paul Thomas Anderson, Marc Munden, Tim Burton, Pete Docter, Bob Peterson, The Coen Brothers - to name a few. Some of my favorite film composers are John Williams, Howard Shore, Danny Elfman, John Powell, Michael Giacchino, Cristobal Tapia de Veer, Ludwig Goransson, Hildur Gudnadottir and Thomas Newman.

I draw from a wide range of styles and genres in my approach to composition. I've composed traditional orchestral film music for a 110-piece live orchestra and produced minimalist electronic textural soundscapes and many things in between depending on what is called for in the film and scene. I'd love to find a director to work collaborate with!

Back