• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sound

Hey everyone wanted to see what you guys thought of this clip. I'm one of the producers on this movie. We tried a different method of capturing audio and wanted to see what you guys thought. Any suggestions on changes would be appreciated:) Sorry director changed the link just updated it tho so please give me your opinions:)

http://starspictures.ning.com/video/audio-test

Last edited:
I think it's obviously ADR...if that's what you want to know. I think the ADR sounds good, and because of the action, I don't really focus on lips, so sync isn't that much of a problem...basically, no red flags came up in terms of out-of-sync.

I think ADR isn't easy for a lot of actors...and, though you didn't ask for this bit...I think the acting isn't very good, and really creates that dubbed feel even more.

But as far as the quality...sounds pretty good to me.

I would try to boom as many scenes as you can, and save ADR for necessary situations.

Good luck.

I think it's obviously ADR...if that's what you want to know. I think the ADR sounds good, and because of the action, I don't really focus on lips, so sync isn't that much of a problem...basically, no red flags came up in terms of out-of-sync.

I think ADR isn't easy for a lot of actors...and, though you didn't ask for this bit...I think the acting isn't very good, and really creates that dubbed feel even more.

But as far as the quality...sounds pretty good to me.

I would try to boom as many scenes as you can, and save ADR for necessary situations.

Good luck.

Thanks the director had done ADR on a different movie too because of how much cheaper it was (got some good equipment that was pretty inexpensive). He also likes to set up things fairly fast (eg: 5min or less) and I wasn't around enough to set up audio for him. I'll be seeing about getting a good boom mic and lav mic's for my indie feature this spring tho.

The acting was a little sketchy when compared to Hollywood or a good Indie. I think the guy in the clip has potential tho (he is a theater actor) but the director wasn't as picky about acting as I would have been. All in all we had to work around very little money and I think this came out pretty decent.

Back