• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Sony Vegas render problem

well im creating a short video and i have it pretty much done, the problem is when i go to render it, once it has finished, the video will skip, lag, cut out audio at random points etc, basically its like a broken record or a scratched CD, i just want to know how to render it so that it doesnt skip and do all this other stuff, just clean audio and footage, is there anything i can do?

I have a Canon t2i

1.I converted the .MOV files I get into AVI format for easier editing (using MPEG StreamClip (application))
2.I configured the render setting myself to:

Video: 24 fps; 1920x1080 Progressive; YUV; 35 Mbps
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1,000
Elementary Stream
Multifile
DC coefficient: 10bit
Video format (NTSC, PAL...): Unspecified
Audio bitrate: 320 Kbps
Audio Sample rate (Hz): 48000

These I believe are important details I need to share.

As for my PC specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
RAM: 3 GB
Processor: Inter Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66 GHz
Graphics card: ATI RADEON HD 4600 Series (memory size: 1gb)

Hope y'all can help!

Well forst off... The 3 gigs of ram is a no no... Never mix ram sizes... U might never get anything to runsmoothly on windows...

Never a 1 gig with a 2 gig... U will get bottle necks sll the time because of that

No, not yet. Im not even sure what a great computer should be? In details I mean.

By the way, is there a way to check how many sticks of RAM I have and all other details? Is there a software?

And, what RAM should I buy then, since it seems its, without a doubt, a RAM issue? What should I do then, what to buy to make it run smooth and perfect

Thanks

You might be rendering just fine, but simply having trouble with video playback...check a rendered file out on someone else's computer.

Alright will do. But, say I do have trouble with playback, would RAM be the cause of it? And for example, if it doesnt play out well on someone elses computer, what should I do in that case? Thanks.

P.S: This might help.. I rendered the same video to MP4 (for youtube size)and when I played it back it went pretty smooth, no choppiness. And it was like 85 mb, on the other hand the first one I rendered is 620 mb in size. :) Might help.. what do you think?

Last edited:
Back