• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Rendering Problem

I have been having the most biggest problem rendering my video in Vegas. I want to render it into High Quality widescreen video. I shot the film in Widescreen on my Canon XLRs DV Camcorder and captured it onto my computer widescreen through Vegas. I created my project in Vegas and the project preferences are this:

Template: NTSC DV Widescreen (720x480, 29.970 fps)
Width: 720; Height: 480
Field Order: Lower Field Order
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.2121 (NTSC DV Widescreen)
Frame rate: 29.970 (NTSC)

In the editor and video preview it looks great. Everything is in perfect DV 720x480 widescreen. I added a few pictures and video that weren't widescreen but some I stretched to fit the widescreen when necessary and some I didn't but it still looked great in the preview on the edit interface. So I select the loop region to render and I go to the render button.

I want to render my video to the film .mov. Before selecting the Custom button, I check the following: Render loop region only, Stretch video to fit output frame size. Now I click Custom and these are my settings:

Video rendering quality: Best
Frame Size: NTSC DV (720x480), other tries: (Use Project Settings)
Frame rate: 29.970 (NTSC)
Field order: not sure but it is always on None (progressive scan) so I use that setting. I don't know what it does.
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.2121
Video format: not sure so I just select None.
Compression depth: 32 bpp color
Quality: 100% highest

Finally, I got to render the project and still, still when it is done it ends up in the same Full Screen look as in the YouTube video link below. Why, why, why won't my video render in correct Widescreen. The youtube link under the first one is my same video just added to YouTube through Vegas instant youtube upload. It is in widescreen although it doesnt cover the full screen. Why? If anyone could help me with these problems, I beg, please help! It would mean so much to me! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z2exOdIotw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFBtVNohzcQ

Back