Sony Vegas 11 compatible hardware?

Hey all,

I have Sony Vegas Movie Maker 11 HD, and I was wondering, does anyone know of any editing hardware that would be compatible?

I'm just clueless with finding stuff online and what not.

Thanks all,

Josh :cheers:

I would suggest a Sony computer. I went with one of their top of the line portable work stations with a 17" display, Blu-ray drive, Firewire, USB, and HDMI connections with a Dual Core 2 Intel Processor about 4 years ago and Vegas works with it. My issues are Windows Vista and the instability of Windows Explorer with HD video files. Other than that, it works fine.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiohd/techspec

This is what you need! To help: find the webpage of the software you are interested in. There should be "system requirements" listed somewhere...in Sony's case, they put them under the "Technical Specifications" link.

...unless you are talking about non-computer hardware, like the keyboards Dready linked (or jog wheels, etc) in which case you'll want to check the manufacturer's webpage, per bit of gear.

Hardware refers to the type of computer / system requirements.

Go with a Sony Viao. They are built to work with their software. Their portable work stations are fully loaded with HD hardware for audio and video and editing. Even their still digital cameras easily plug into the computers or the SD Ram cards as well.

Josh is right to pull up the specs. I did that on the NewEgg.com web site and ordered Vegas Pro and a Sony Computer that matched all the specs of the system requirements.

You can some times get a good package deal buying a computer and software together; especially like with a place like NewEgg.com.

However, since the poster is in the UK, he needs to find a local vvender web site so the computer comes with the right electrical configuration for the UK.

I remember I had to have a travel converter to recharge my portable DVD player and laptop over there when I went to London for a business meeting.

For anyone not familiar with the term, "Portable Work Station," it is a very big laptop computer usually with a 17" to 19" display with a few moew bells and whistles than a notebook computer with less features with a 14" or 15" display. Finding a carrying bag for them is not as easy as a notebook computer. I had to buy a "Messenger bag" for mine because notebook bags are too small. With the greater size and features also comes greater weight. You don't want to walk a very long distance with one strapped to your shoulders.

Back