Sony Dvd archetech...cannot install

Okay I am going crazy with this product and this company...which apparently doesn't like to deal with people.

I did recieve help from you guys on another thread reguarding 'uninstalling' because that was the previous problem and that was fine..thanks.

So I cannot seem to work the product. I put the disc in, opened the product. I went through the 'install' and 'finish' proceedures.
I go to 'downloads' and click on Sony dvd arch...it asks if I want to 'open' and I hit that...nothing...it opens to a big screen then goes away as if I turned it off. I open it again and this time hit 'save' and nothing again.

I try to go to Sony online and register there...fine...entered the serial number...now it wants my computor id..but I have to open the dvd arch in order to get the comptr id and I am back to square one.

I called their toll free number and it states they are away until next week.
I try email and it says they are overwhelmed with emails (I wonder why).
I try a technical support via phone and it states you have to pay for it via a yearly fee.

This is all in an effort to create a dvd.

Does anyone know would could be wrong? I am sure its me.

How can I find out my comptor id??

Thanks.

What all are you trying to do? Design menus? Or just make a DVD you can watch on your DVD player?

You might just be better off downloading a free or cheap image burning software like WinAVI and IMGBurn.

My wife just bought a Sony laptop and had to call them today. There was someone there, but this was a Sony product. That # was 888-476-6972. It was dropping the internet connection and the weretech person blamed the provider. After having the provider check the line, I went in and found the problem and fixed it. For other products, we used to have good luck with the tech support.

Thanks..

I finally got it done. I went in and 'uninstalled' a few other things that I didn't know I had...some of them Sony and some not. I don't know if that was the actual problem...I rebooted the computor after uninstalling a lot of crap and then it went okay...was able to register it and create a disc.

I really don't know what went wrong. Thankfully I didn't have to wait until next week to call Sony..but that number Morris wasn't the number I had called before...but thats good to know.

Merci.

What all are you trying to do? Design menus? Or just make a DVD you can watch on your DVD player?

You might just be better off downloading a free or cheap image burning software like WinAVI and IMGBurn.

I was ready to do that.

My mission is, in the near future to create something for the local local local tv station here (I mean local - it airs in three small towns). What they require from me, assuming I do it all at home which is my intention is to give them a disc they can just pop in and play.

Otherwise I would have to do it all at the little local tv station - kinda sounds like I live in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. Hmmm. I had better check out for a fellow in a red cardigan and keds sneakers...

Anyway..all is okay FOR NOW.

Thanks.

Back