Someone Please Help. I'd greatly appriciate it.

Hello. I need some advice. I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I have saved for close to two years to buy a new camera to start making indie short films. I have a budget of $5000. After extensive reasearch and word of mouth, the Canon xf100 was, or at least I thought it was, my final choice. Now, after reading news in HDVideo Pro magazine and hearing things from other rumor mills, the Panasonic AG-AC130 looks like an interesting possibility. I need to make a decision by the middle of next month and I feel as if I am back at square one. Any and all advice would be much appriciated. Even if it it is different than these two cameras. Oh, I'm not really interested in DSLR. Thanks so much. This is such a tough decision.

$50 per day? Wow, you're rich!:rofl:

About wearing many hats:

Over the last 6 weeks I have been a: DP, editor, PA, videographer for my own project, editor for another and all around fill in person. Sh*t, if I was getting paid for all this stuff, I wouldn't be jobhunting right now! :D

Marietta is basically Atlanta. I would think that you might just keep trying to find a good group of film folk who you could learn and grow with. That's what I have been trying to do. It hasn't paid off monetarily yet, but I'm still trying.

-- spinner :cool:

Back