• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sollicitudo - our second Short film

http://vimeo.com/17727073

A man stricken by anxiety, confronts his problems in order to cleanse his thoughts.

Starring .................................................Paul Gamble as 'Sollicitudo'
Written & Directed by ..........................Anthony McMenemy
Edited by ...............................................Michael Burton
Visual Effects by ...................................Anthony McMenemy
& Michael Burton
Music by.................................................Anthony McMenemy

This is our second ever short film and it was a long time coming.....hope you all enjoy it, please give any feedback.

I liked it. A lot of the style is a little bit film school cliche, BUT it was pretty well executed in that style. If it was me, and it's not, I'd color correct it to make the whole thing as high conrest as a few of the shots are. It just fits better with the style you're going for.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Yeah, the lighting in the bathroom was a little inconsistent and we did try increasing the contrast on some of the flatter looking shots but I didn't think it looked quite as strong aesthetically as the others......something I will be sure to remember on my next project "Create consistent light throughout the set" lol.

Oh and I'll take "Film School Cliche" as a compliment hehehe.....I've never been to a film school :P

Last edited:
The film resonated with me :)

I liked the use of the black and white. I like the mirror usage especially. I use mirrors in my shorts, including my current one, and always appreciate how hard it can be to work with them while not getting the camera in shot.

I can appreciate and like the visual imagery that used by the character to solve his problem and "kill his inner demon" so to speak-like I say, it resonated with me.

Because of the black and white, some of the lighting, as others have pointed out, seemed to be an issue in a few scenes (but I'm not one to talk about lighting lol).

But some good use with the aftereffects- the "blood" effect was well done IMO.

Well done, and again, I can REALLY appreciate working with mirrors! :)

Back