Software/plug-in to remove flicker

I'm shooting a short film with my video camera (HV40) with a 35mm adaptor attached (and a lense of course), and because of this adaptor (with it's spinning,,, plate thingie inside) my image is sometimes flickery.

Now I know why this happens, what I'm looking for is a solution in pre-production.

Here's a link to some of the footage with the flicker on it. It's not THAT bad, but it's there and I hate it.
Flicker!
There are worse shots than these, but this is mainly how it looks.

So yea, having never dealt with this problem before, I'm looking for a software or plug-in that I can use to fix it.
I'm using Premiere Pro CS5 as my editing software.

I'm not expecting a free solution. I'm guessing that there's a plug-in out there somewhere that'll take care of the problem, and that I can buy. Of course, a free solution would be awesome too :)

A solution in preproduction? Well that would probably be a different camera. :lol:

What are your camera settings? In Denmark you've got 50Hz power, yeah? So you should probably be shooting at 25p with a 1/50 shutter speed. I'd suspect the flicker to be more related to shutter speed and power frequency than the adapter.

The flickering is caused by the power left on the battery, so on a fully charged battery, there's no flicker at 1/50, which I usually shoot with (also, no flicker on 1/100), but as the power dies out, the flicker accurs, I can then change the shutter to 1/25, and the flicker will be gone for a while until the power dies out enough to affect even 1/25.
Obviously I can't go lower.

But guys, I'm not looking for a pre production fix. I'm looking for a post production fix. A plug-in or software or something

Clearly you're looking for a post production solution given the title of the post, but.. it's not what you actually said.
Now I know why this happens, what I'm looking for is a solution in pre-production.
;)

There is no "fix" for this that I can think of. Especially if it gradually gets worse over time, that would mean that even when it's visible it's not a specific frequency, but is slightly changing over the duration of the shot.

Perhaps you just need to keep your batteries topped off if it's only happeneing when the batteries get low?

Back