So new to this its dangerous...

Well I started out just replacing an actress, next thing I know I'm associate producer...Have no IDEA what that really means... But what I do know is we need funding. (who doesn't, right?) So where do we turn? All the cast and crew are 90% volunteers but getting money to help the crew with gas money and feed people for the day as well as pay some of the crew that we REALLY REALLY NEED, it's adding up. Any suggestions?

Hold a fundraiser (e.g., baking pies, cakes, bars, etc), crowdfunding (e.g., Kickstarter, Indiegogo), put together a plan and pitch it to local businesses for support, hit up rich friends, get another job, sell stuff on ebay, give and sell your plasma, participate in a medical study (they often pay quite a bit), try to get a loan, rack up your credit card bills... that's all I have for now.

Hold a fundraiser (e.g., baking pies, cakes, bars, etc), crowdfunding (e.g., Kickstarter, Indiegogo), put together a plan and pitch it to local businesses for support, hit up rich friends, get another job, sell stuff on ebay, give and sell your plasma, participate in a medical study (they often pay quite a bit), try to get a loan, rack up your credit card bills... that's all I have for now.

Thank you!

What sort of project are you trying to fund? It'd help greatly to know the scope of your project.

It is a super low budget horror flick, no special effects or CG. We are fortunate enough to have Jason Morris as DP and we need to make sure he has gas for his vehicle. Some of his crew we do have to pay so money for them. All of our location shoots have been nice enough to donate their building or homes and in turn we do interviews with them, give them a plug and post to youtube and share. I think the biggest thing is keeping our film crew happy, they have done some amazing work on other projects IMO so we don't want to lose them. All the cast is thrilled to be apart of a film and have no problem working for free, including myself.

Back