• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sketch Comedy - Loose Lunch

Not to be mean, but it really wasn't funny. The British portion looked far too Mediteranean. The French cafe looked pretty good.

Maybe it would have been more funny if the different characters were more over-the-top. Then they each order something, using pure local jargon, and when its brought out, its the same thing for all three???

Hello and Welcome BTW

:welcome:

I thought the Beverly Hills one was quite funny, but the others not so much. (Though the British tabloid he held up at the end was a nice touch.) You must have an "Olde Irishe Pub" or something that looks more British than the location you used?

The comedy was too subtle for it to be noticeable. I think more contrast between the scenes would have created the humor needed - like having the first scene be completely polite, even throw in a monocle or pristine clean location (as is stereotypical of rich people's houses) and then in the following scene start it off with "meanwhile..." and then show a bunch of white guys in a car at a McDonald's drive in shouting their orders to the man in the window. As is, the scenes just seem to be conforming too subtlely to their stereotypes - for comedy, stereotypes tend to work best when exaggerated completely.

Like the way they show the British in this video:
http://youtu.be/UWQoK506xkQ

...show a bunch of white guys in a car at a McDonald's drive in shouting their orders to the man in the window.

That would have been an awesome touch :lol:

On topic though, I thought it was pretty funny. Like others said the first too weren't quite as funny as the last but it's all just part of the learning process.

Keep it up! :)

Back