Sin City 2 in Post

I haven't been able to find anything outside Rodriguez's Facebook post about it, but a little big ago, he announced it being in post-production, finally.

SO WHO'S EXCITED

I was until I saw that several people are recast, plus they are making up new stuff. SIN CITY was the best movie RR ever did.

Who is recast other than Dwight? Who, incidentally, SHOULD be recast because his story in the first is after he had plastic surgery to change his identity.

I do agree that Sin City is the best thing RR has done, and I'm looking forward to the new one!

a LOT

Who is recast other than Dwight?

Miho - scheduling conflict (when that hasn't been an issue for anyone else on an entirely greenscreen shoot...)

Manute (Michael Clarke Duncan passed away, so I get that one)

Shellie (Brittany Murphy died too)

Bob (Michael Madsen is replaced by Jeremy Piven)

That's a lot of continuity changes for me....

Of all of those, only Miho is really problematic in the storyline they're tackling from the comics. Bob plays a bit more of a role, but he wasn't a major character in the first. Manute is barely in it (and as you said, no choice but to recast there) and I don't remember Shellie in that story at all.

It sucks that they've had to recast anyone (other than Dwight) but I can't imagine it making that big of an impact on the film. Or at least not anymore than recasting Rachel after Batman Begins.

Back