Simulated sea breeze in the studio

Hello!

I decided to shoot a short film with two actors and the CG environment. Under the scenario, almost all the action takes place on the ocean. Beach also want to make a full CG. So I have a question. How best to simulate the sea breeze in the studio? What are the fans with minimum noise?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for bad english

Its not silent, and does emit a very noticeable noise (similar to an xbox radiator fan) especially when turned to its highest settings - not to mention the price for the 12 inch model is around $300!

The version I have is pretty quiet but it could be that I'm almost deaf from years of dirt track racing! Haha. With no spinning parts I just figured it'd be a good option for a fan. :) But you are right, it is very expensive!

The version I have is pretty quiet but it could be that I'm almost deaf from years of dirt track racing! Haha. With no spinning parts I just figured it'd be a good option for a fan. :) But you are right, it is very expensive!

For any engineers out there, is it possible to move air silently? I thought it isn't.

What do you mean by "Rails dolly"? have you tried the diy sliders? theyre good for short moves.

Completely Silent Dyson Fan

This is a great fan that is silent and no noise.

Thanks for the advice, but even if he is really quiet, then the cost is too high for an indie project.

On the note of creating breez. If you don't want strong wind, but just a breeze, and got enough room in the studio. You could get one or two guys to hold large boards and fan the actors with them. I've seen it done in some behind the scene videos, so it probably would work, never tried it myself... haha...

I think it would give a more natural look as oppose to a stream of wind from a fan, not to mention, quieter.

And on the note about dolly, have you considered a Steadicam?

Steadicam is an interesting option. For such projects, it can be effective. I thought about it. But still there is a small shaking? In any case, we can distinguish between rails and Steadicam shooting. Or am I wrong?

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure about option two guys and large boards :)

For any engineers out there, is it possible to move air silently? I thought it isn't.

What do you mean by "Rails dolly"? have you tried the diy sliders? theyre good for short moves.

I mean, the rails and dolly. Diy sliders, unfortunately, does not fit. Because the camera only moves in a straight trajectory.

Steadicam is an interesting option. For such projects, it can be effective. I thought about it. But still there is a small shaking? In any case, we can distinguish between rails and Steadicam shooting. Or am I wrong?

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure about option two guys and large boards :)

Hi, no problem, just ignore the boards ideas, just thought i'd throw it out there, lol.

As for the steadicam, yes you'd be able to see some shake, but barely noticeable. It would also give you much more room to maneuver in a small studio.

Back