Silly Wee Films

Hey all,

Just wanted to point you towards www.nightisday.co.uk/swf_main.htm so you can read about my first three short films "Night is Day", "Bottle" and "P.I.T.S".

The first film is in post-production and will be finished by the end of July, the second film is finished and ready to be sent out and the third film is now in pre-production and I start filming it in the end of August.

I'd appreciate any feedback, support, comments or whatever as I am a new filmmaker and I would appreciate as much help as possible :)

Thank you very much

Kind Regards

- Fraser
frasercoull@myself.com

Night is Day

I think this one is a potential set up for cool spfx and action sequences. It kind of sounds like a rendition of The Crow and Batman. But, why is it that all heroes with a dark past have to be clothed in black leather with sunglasses? I know it's cliche, but I can't say much because I can't think of anything else at the moment. As for Limbo Juice/Bottle...That sounds funny. I would like to hear more about that. And the other one, P.I.T.S. sounds like Ghost Busters and Charmed in a way. But, I'm fascinated by anything with the paranormal. I think it would be cool for spfx also.

We're working on low budgets but we're doing our best to learn how to be really good filmmakers, but we can only learn by making them, so hopefully people will enjoy what they see, and support us enough to allow us to continue to make films :)

As for the black leather and shades...it's just a good look which is in at the moment :) My theory behind is that he wants to come out of the darkness, kick butt, and fade back into darkness - he doesn't want to be in a bright yellow suit when he does that :P As for the shades, when he is using his powers, his eyes glow with electricity, and he doesn't want a lot of people seeing that happening to him.

"Bottle" is now finished and I can post a copy of it on DVD to you if you'd like? As long as you don't mind paying the postage for it?

"PITS" will be good. It is slightly inspired by "Ghostbusters", but with my own twist and creative story and new characters :) It's more paranormal investigation than anything else.

Thanks for your interest!

- Fraser

Oh yeah, that's totally true. You'll never learn until you do...Like I said, I couldn't say much about the black leather jacket and shades because I couldn't think of anything better either. I mean, you could do camouflage, but that just seems too military. Black leather is cool, sleek, and serves it's purpose. Or he could go Boondock Saints style with the black shirts and black trench coat with jeans. I don't know, what happens if the location he's in is hot and muggy? Will he just sweat it out? Dang, don't answer my questions, I read too much into things. Anyway, yeah, how much would postage be? Let me know. Oh and how are you going to make your ghosts for P.I.T.S.? I am so intrigued by ghosts, but would be petrified if I ever saw one. Hahaha!

Depends where I'm posting it to! Let me know and I'll find out.

"PITS" will be done with an animated ghost, and then a digitally composited actor playing the demon :) lots of work, and it will be completed in October or so.

We've got photos on the site, and we'll be adding more as the production continues.

Tell all your friends about it, and get us more support! :)

Back