showingacar/legal/carchase

Hi,
This board has helped me with the process of making my movie over the past 2 years. I have read a great deal more than posted.....but I am at a loss......I am shooting a car chase to film in the wilderness on some private land, and I wondered if you used a jeep to chase another jeep, just because you are using your own vehicles, do you have to have some kind of permission from the Jeep people.....I am also not at any point illustrating it is a jeep (no close ups on logos or anything, but the characters have to drive a car through the woods....we gotta use something. we are a no budget, but full length horror movie.

I tried the search option, but I didn't get an answer and I am sorry if I missed it.

We were gonna do a scene where a character was walking around a junkyard, too...damn we can't get contact with every single car company that crosses into the frame...ect..ect...

input please! thank you so much...this forum rocks and I can't wait to post our trailer!

Either get permission from Jeep, or hide the brand/logo. You can show the model/type of Jeep wording, just not the brand/logo. I went as far as replacing my GMC grill on my Yukon with an after-market one without the GMC logo ($50). I made no effort to hide the 'Yukon' wording on the back.

Back