Should I give this asshole negative feedback on ebay?

I purchased an item (prop rocket launcher) on July 15th for $230 and I told him right there I was going to need it by August 29th. That's like 1.5 months notice.

3 weeks later he tells me he shipped it and gave a tracking number, he said that it was sent to the post office. To me he seemed professional and I thought that was going to be the end of that, so I didn't make a big deal to go rush and get it.

3 days later I check the tracking number and it was sent to another state. I tell him and he says "sorry I mistakened you for the wrong person, your order is still being made." He tells me it takes 10 business days to process or whatever, It was 10 business days already.

So it gets 2-3 weeks away and I message him a few times since he's not updating me at all. Last week he said it had been complete and he will ship it on Wednesday. So I ask him for the tracking number on Wednesday night, he says he'll send it. He didn't send it so I ask him again if he can get it to me by tomorrow and he says he can.

I never once used attitude at all, I was always polite and I could sense this guy had a stick up his ass ever since I first asked him a question.

So he gave me a tracking number on Friday (he said he'd ship it Wednesday). On the website it says the shipping label was created on that Friday. I check the website today (because the assholes had a 2 day website maintenance) and it still says the same thing "shipping label has been created electronically" and there are no updates to it.

I was being professional and polite before but now I want to switch to my online gaming grammar, give him negative feedback and tell him hes a stupid fucker.

The only thing is he has my address and in this crazy world it's easy for humans to snap and I'd be paranoid I'd get stuck in the neck at night.

How should I proceed?

I purchased an item (prop rocket launcher) on July 15th for $230 and I told him right there I was going to need it by August 29th. That's like 1.5 months notice.

3 weeks later he tells me he shipped it and gave a tracking number, he said that it was sent to the post office. To me he seemed professional and I thought that was going to be the end of that, so I didn't make a big deal to go rush and get it.

3 days later I check the tracking number and it was sent to another state. I tell him and he says "sorry I mistakened you for the wrong person, your order is still being made." He tells me it takes 10 business days to process or whatever, It was 10 business days already.

So it gets 2-3 weeks away and I message him a few times since he's not updating me at all. Last week he said it had been complete and he will ship it on Wednesday. So I ask him for the tracking number on Wednesday night, he says he'll send it. He didn't send it so I ask him again if he can get it to me by tomorrow and he says he can.

I never once used attitude at all, I was always polite and I could sense this guy had a stick up his ass ever since I first asked him a question.

So he gave me a tracking number on Friday (he said he'd ship it Wednesday). On the website it says the shipping label was created on that Friday. I check the website today (because the assholes had a 2 day website maintenance) and it still says the same thing "shipping label has been created electronically" and there are no updates to it.

I was being professional and polite before but now I want to switch to my online gaming grammar, give him negative feedback and tell him hes a stupid fucker.

The only thing is he has my address and in this crazy world it's easy for humans to snap and I'd be paranoid I'd get stuck in the neck at night.

How should I proceed?

Are you not the Real Jason Bourne? Clime up a drain pipe and Ninja him in the face!...

Okay bad jokes aside lol... You are a consumer and it sounds as if you've been treated quite poorly and I can imagine the stress of it. If he was unprofessional then other consumers have a right to know. What I would not recommend is cussing him out or posting screenshots of emails or anything like that. I'd just type up one paragraph outlining the issue without getting too involved. Perhaps something like, "I ordered a prop from this manufacturer for a project well in advance of it's deadline, there was a shipping error. They claimed the error would be fixed, it wasn't and from that point on I had difficulty getting in touch with them. This ordeal has lasted several weeks and as of this writing this incident has gone unresolved and it has negatively impacted my project. I understand small businesses aren't easy to run but I believe an investment in better communication would help avert future issues."

In my example I tried to highlight the situation without directly, or aggressively shifting blame onto the company with "you" statements. I tried to use a passive but firm tone, I think people will read it in terms of, "oh this company isn't really professional" but the company (and the consumers) won't have any reason to say you're unprofessional or unreasonable.

Feel free to use that example as is or edit as you please, if you like!

And as for whether or not he'll come to your house, let me just say, he sent your package to the wrong state... I don't think you have too much to worry about haha!

EDIT: Oh and if this becomes a total dead end then be sure you get your money back!

All the best,
Sound Guy

Last edited:
1) You don't need IT to take all your decisions.
2) First make sure you have it
3) ebay has a review option for a reason: give an honest review without caling names. Just facts: bad communication, promising to send something right away, but not doing so, giving a tracking number of an item that has not been send yet. Als ogive your opnion on the qality of the delivered product: if it's good, say so.

4) Stop overexaggerating: "OMG! I'm failing!" "OMG I'm gonna get killed over a bad review."
Just breathe, keep calm and find a solution.

Back