Should I get insurance for a somewhat dangerous location?

I'm scripting out my first feature, and I'm consideirng location limitations as I'm writing. I have access to a pretty decent size wilderness area in south Florida. Large rolling oyster hills, a few dead tree expanses, some really cool landscapes, basically.

My concearn is that I grew up somewhat close to the area, and I know that there wild hogs, rattle snakes, alligators and possibly panthers. These of course are not very common sightings, but they're a possiblity, however remote.

If I were to bring myself and a group of actors & crew on a nice little camping trip, should I look at insurance should any of these critters try and have us for dinner?

Yeah, might be a good idea to check out film insurance costs in your area, cost of a local set medic, and an advisor from the forest service or other organization that works the area (if applicable). Especially if you want to put crew and cast in the water or confined areas.

Kudos for thinking about this in advance. Good news is that there won't be a need to pay for the critters' wrangler :-D.

I'm scripting out my first feature, and I'm consideirng location limitations as I'm writing. I have access to a pretty decent size wilderness area in south Florida. Large rolling oyster hills, a few dead tree expanses, some really cool landscapes, basically.

My concearn is that I grew up somewhat close to the area, and I know that there wild hogs, rattle snakes, alligators and possibly panthers. These of course are not very common sightings, but they're a possiblity, however remote.

If I were to bring myself and a group of actors & crew on a nice little camping trip, should I look at insurance should any of these critters try and have us for dinner?

Let us know what you decided to do and how it worked out. I'm very curious about your film location from this perspective... Would love some pics too, if you get time.

Back