Should I get a Netbooks

I barely found out about netbooks, and now that I know I can get one, I wanted to know if I should. Are they good, reliable, work good? Also, whats the difference between 1GB installed memory and 160GB Harddrive?

And, would I be able to install programs like Final Draft or other screenwriting software?

Thanks,

BWC

The way I see it, is that if you can afford a Macbook Pro, get a Macbook Pro.

Netbooks do not have CD or DVD drives, limited connectors, and are basically only used for e-mail with a Wifi service.

So, if you want this oversized phone, go for it. Otherwise, get a real producing machine called a Macbook.

I've got a netbook, and really happy with it. Its light, long battery (8 hrs), and I always have it with me. Takes less than 20 seconds to load up. I got it mainly for writing, doing research, and other easy tasks. Deffinately not for video editing lol. But if you re using it for somerthing like listening to music while writing something up - its perfect!

I wish I had one specifically for writing. I'm jealous of my wife's. It wouldn't work for editing video, but it's perfect for browsing the web and writing. You'd be able to install any software that works with windows, either by downloading it or utilizing a USB optical drive.

Cool, I just want it to write, take notes, research, not for making videos. But are they good for watching vidoe on it?

@dlevanchuk whats the brand, or name of it?
Eee PC by ASUS.

Yes, you can watch videos, but not HD, too underpowered :no:

I also got an external USB dvd RW, and it plays dvd with good quality, no jerks or anything.

But if you'll be getting one, make sure you'll get soft padded carrying case (15-20 bucks i think). I've cracked my previous netbook screen by having it in my back pack :(

I am writing from one right now, and it suits me well as i'm travelling.

Don't get one if you want to do anything more than internet + microsoft word. I wouldn't even recommend listening to music on them, as they get really....reallly....realllly...slow.

Netbooks are great! I own one and also have a full size but my netbook gets used more than anything! its great for students and writers it really isnt a over sized cellphone ! these things run windows 7 very fast!

Back