Short Video test

Hello fellow filmmakers,

I have recently finished in producing my first proper short film. (very short film). I wanted to see if i was able to flow a conversation along smoothly and also keep the viewers entertained at the same time.

If you have the chance, please check it out on the link below and let me know what you think. Let it be known beforehand that i am an extreme newbie, just starting up so please dont expect anything breathtaking. :P

It was filmed with a Canon 600D w/ Kit lens, and for the audio i used the common rode shotgun microphone attached onto the camera. Very basic stuff.

Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kENwY-tIxYo&list=UUWVODI-AOB7ib82V4LbClvw&index=1&feature=plcp

Great short! I laughed a little :)

Just one tip, when you record a person talking, record the other person while the main guy is talking, showing the face expressions and how he reacts to what he says. Didn't explain it that well, hope you understand hehe. Not a big deal though.

Haha, just watched Epic Homework as well....

You're a funny guy man (Assuming that's you), you should do some more.

Did you use the same camera/lighting/mic for that one too?

Haha, just watched Epic Homework as well....

You're a funny guy man (Assuming that's you), you should do some more.

Did you use the same camera/lighting/mic for that one too?

Lol thank you :) Yep that was me, and yes i used the same camera, same mic and same lighting set up in this video aswell. It's a good kit for making basic 1 location videos. The mic is good enough for indoor recording imo close to the actors but it sucks outside, i'm investing in an external recorder like the zoom h4n.

Lol thank you :) Yep that was me, and yes i used the same camera, same mic and same lighting set up in this video aswell. It's a good kit for making basic 1 location videos. The mic is good enough for indoor recording imo close to the actors but it sucks outside, i'm investing in an external recorder like the zoom h4n.

at first i thought.. oh no another crappy short film and wasted my life but i stayed on, and glad i did, the acting was pretty bad but then it actually added an element to it, but its still bad acting.

pros:

funny

cons:

bad acting

very good though, i noticed your other vid had 78k views, pretty impressive im guessing its to do with the title naming, pretty clever, or lucky if you did it by accident.

Can i ask where in england your from? im from london, and am seeking people to work with.. if your interested?

at first i thought.. oh no another crappy short film and wasted my life but i stayed on, and glad i did, the acting was pretty bad but then it actually added an element to it, but its still bad acting.

pros:

funny

cons:

bad acting

very good though, i noticed your other vid had 78k views, pretty impressive im guessing its to do with the title naming, pretty clever, or lucky if you did it by accident.

Can i ask where in england your from? im from london, and am seeking people to work with.. if your interested?

Thank you :) Yep i am very aware of the bad acting, lol. But it's the best i can do for the moment without having the opportunity to get any real actors. Although i do enjoy acting and i am trying to improve my skills. All in good time i guess.

I'm based in Leicester in the east midlands.

I got pretty lucky with the 78k views i guess but i am quite knowledgable on youtube. E.g effective ways of tagging and video titling etc.

Back