copyright Short script, register or not?

AmateurD

Hello all,

I was thinking about submitting to some festivals (Page and Scriptapalooza mainly), should I have it registered or there is no need for that?
Thank you

AmateurD

Thank you. I'l ldo it then.

What's the easiest but safe way to protect it? WGA?
Thanks.

Last edited:

pedramyz

depends how much you have till the deadline. U.S copy right office is a better option but it takes 6 months for a script to be registered. still the online registration code given to you instantaneously after submission is enough to cover you . WGA is a good option too but they recharge you after 5 years if you still wanna use their services. For a 5 year gap both wga and U.S copyright are solid options. for more than 5 years U.S copyright is better.

AmateurD

depends how much you have till the deadline. U.S copy right office is a better option but it takes 6 months for a script to be registered. still the online registration code given to you instantaneously after submission is enough to cover you . WGA is a good option too but they recharge you after 5 years if you still wanna use their services. For a 5 year gap both wga and U.S copyright are solid options. for more than 5 years U.S copyright is better.
Thanks.

Well I'll need it for today :D
Is that the case with WGA too?

pedramyz

Both of them are ok . both of them can cover you. wga gives you instant registration code, I don't know about U.S copyright office. but I know the date you've submitted your material to US. copyright office is saved on their systems and that's enough to cover you in any case ( As they've explained to me via email ) .