Short Screenplay for Film School Application - Story and Storyboard questions

Hello,

I am applying for film school in London. The deadline is Monday! I have little experience and am still struggling with the screenplay that is required for the application.
No one around me understands or knows film, so I would GREATLY appreciate some feedback and help!

The screenplay is for a three minute film and I have to make the storyboard as well.

How many 'boards' do I need per minute? It's more of a dialogue-based screenplay, but with some movement and visuals.

Also, could you please let me know what you think of my story - it's the 6th I've come up with!

It's about a girl who just lost her grandfather. Her family is at the dining room table looking at old photographs and sharing memories. She looks a bit lost. She tells her sister that she hadn't called her grandfather for three weeks before his death and feels guilty.
Later, she falls asleep and wakes up in a dream. The dining room table is now in the middle of a restaurant where her family is sitting. Her grandparents are dancing. They come back to the table and her grandfather greets her.
They start one by one to say their last words.
It's her turns. The restaurant turns into a stage and she is alone on it. A bright spotlight on her that is blinding her.
She tries to talk, and then apologizes for forgetting her lines.
The end.

Lastly - Do I have to introduce a character before they talk? The first one to talk is the mother, just by saying "I'm glad the guests have left". So do I introduce her first even though it's not relevant? And if not, do I write it this way:

JENNIFER - GIRL's MOTHER
I'm glad the guests have left

???

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

An

I think I commented on your last idea and I like this one better.

What film school are you applying to?

I'm also not sure what you precisely mean by your last question. Are you talking about giving her a character name? Or are you talking about scrapping the line and just kicking off with the girl? Also is this line at the very start of the script or at the start of the dream?

As for storyboards, I was taught to do one drawing per shot as you perceive the scene.

Hey Nick,
You did comment on the first one, so thanks again :)
I figured out the question.
Now I'm just focusing on the story. I hope it's good enough. I wish I had come up with a funnier story but I can't control that :)

I'm applying to the London Film School. Have you heard of it?
I heard it's really good so I hope I get in!

Back