• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Film Trailer

is that really your trailer? it was disappointing to be honest, nothing made me think this looks like something i could watch.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. Any more information given would have ruined the story. I appreciate your input, though.

Can i ask:

How long is the film,
Do you think it was enticing?
Was the trailer properly done? (coloured etc)
when the man was talking his side face was really overexposed, artistic or uncontrollable?

Can i ask:

How long is the film,
Do you think it was enticing?
Was the trailer properly done? (coloured etc)
when the man was talking his side face was really overexposed, artistic or uncontrollable?

The film is only about 4 minutes long. We did a very basic grade to the footage but didn't go too crazy with it. The overexposure was an artistic choice based on that portion of the scene. As far as it being enticing, I have actually had nothing but positive feedback from people saying that they can't wait to see the final product.

The film is only about 4 minutes long. We did a very basic grade to the footage but didn't go too crazy with it. The overexposure was an artistic choice based on that portion of the scene. As far as it being enticing, I have actually had nothing but positive feedback from people saying that they can't wait to see the final product.

oh ok fair enough, sorry if i sounded harsh, I hope it does well and I would like to see it when finished :)

oh ok fair enough, sorry if i sounded harsh, I hope it does well and I would like to see it when finished :)

No worries. Critique is good. It did end up slightly more over exposed than I wanted. Guess next time I'll make sure I have a field monitor and not rely on what my DP sees. It will work though for the scene.

I don't know if you needed the text to tell is what is going on. We know a son is longing for his dad when, in a sad voice he says: "You're always on business, you're never home". The rest looks good. The sound is crisp, the cinematography is beautiful, and the acting is great (actually, I haven't seen the short yet. That's what I got from the trailer). The music is fitting, and creates a mood. I think it is very smart that you do not show who got in the car crash. It could be the dad, it could be the son.
Please let us know when you are releasing it. I'm looking forward to it :)

Back