• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch short film - student film - G9

this's my examination. And don't use dialogue... We must use image to tell a story.. Glad to hear you enjoy... Thank you

Wow. Not what I was expecting. Very cool. I LOVE storytelling with no dialogue. This was great. (On a constructive note - I think you could have trimmed some of the stair climbing in the beginning and gotten to the story a little quicker. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.)

thanks John...thanks your constructive....Someone told me about that. The beginning is a lbit slow... But I want it's slow. I want the audience fell tired...feel slowly like the girl in film. And i will try to re- editing some scenes to the story a little quicker...Thanks so much

The climbing of the stairs in the beginning is probably the best part of the film...
The sound of the shoes climbing the stairs, repeated throughout the film, is important, because it states the theme of the film (in my opinion).

Now:
- I didn't like the angle of the camera at the very beginning of the film. No need for such a low angle.
- I loved the sound of the pumps.
- I didn't like the close up of the finger pressing the lift button. It looked awkward somehow.
- The ending is cool.
- The actress is too beautiful for this role (maybe).

The climbing of the stairs in the beginning is probably the best part of the film...
The sound of the shoes climbing the stairs, repeated throughout the film, is important, because it states the theme of the film (in my opinion).

Now:
- I didn't like the angle of the camera at the very beginning of the film. No need for such a low angle.
- I loved the sound of the pumps.
- I didn't like the close up of the finger pressing the lift button. It looked awkward somehow.
- The ending is cool.
- The actress is too beautiful for this role (maybe).

The reason you didn't like the close up of the finger was that it's a bad edit. If you go back and watch, the finger approaches the button during the long shot and then when we go into the closeup, the finger is a different distance from the button than when we cut (it's further away), creating a jump cut. A better edit would have been to cut in to the closeup just as the finger hit the button. This would have given the physical impact of the finger more of a visual and definitive impact with the viewer.

I've watched your film a few times now...
"The finger pressing the lift button" struck me as a special effect at first, I thought her hand was portrayed as maimed on purpose... Then I realized you didn't mean it, you just made a mistake.

The film is good. I like it.

oh..Thank Hapychkn and Kinglis.. I didn't notice this mistake...and even I don't know this is a mistake...because I just edited...I wasn't taught editting ...I learn by myself ..THank for showing me this scene...

Last edited:

Okay, you got me thinking about this. I critiqued the step-climbing earlier, but I will go back and look at it again. I think, perhaps, it is something that makes more sense AFTER you've seen the movie all the way through. However in the beginning when watching it for the first time, the symbolism for such a drawn out climbing sequence does not really connect. On a repeat viewing, I imagine that the beginning sequence be much more tolerable because the viewer now understands the context of it in the movie.

Hmmmm.....

thanks for all. But i want to ask someone who viewed my film. I heard You told about the climbing of the stair and the context of my film....I'm sorry if i ask this question... What do you think about this scene and the film's context??? I just ask to know the audience can feel like my feeling... :) Because I'm now beginning my new project....My 20minutes film. So I want to make sure that the audiences can undestand the message in my film....If not....I lose

Last edited:
One of the reasons I like your film is the mystery you create. The climbing scene in the very beginning tunes me into this mystery mood, but
most importantly, it helps me understand the resolution.

So, here's what I think happens in the film (spoiler): The girl is dead, but her soul doesn't know it yet. So she's stuck on the 9th floor.

Good luck with your next project!

Last edited:
Back