Sell your DVD/VHS at the JDP online indy film store

This is an announcement to let everyone know that I am opening up the Jolliff Digital Production (JDP) online film store to any who wish to sell their films in such a way. I currently sell a couple of films that I was a part of and a couple of other films that I had seen and wanted to provide an outlet for.

This would be great for those of you who only have a website with limited or no e-commerce capabilities or worse yet no website at all to promote/sell your film. What I mean by “limited” is that you have some sort of e-commerce abilities but the online shopper can only pay via PayPal or money order. Not having the ability to accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover is causing you to lose sales. The JDP store has this capability in addition to PayPal and money order. A significant amount of financing has been invested in this SECURE shopping cart system to make this possible.

If you would like your VHS/DVD (we can display the option for either/both with different prices) to be sold via the JDP online store, please view the process below:

• Please send one copy of your film to JDP for viewing and approval. I want to maintain some level of production value with the films in the store. You may send DVD or VHS. I prefer to receive the same product that would be sold on the site. A hyperlink to the film is also ok. Just as long as I can view it somehow.
  • Upon approval of your film, you will be required to send at least 5 copies of the DVD and/or VHS to JDP so that online shoppers can expect immediate shipping of your product.
  • Depending on the rate that your film sells, you will be contacted and additional copies will be requested when supplies diminish enough to warrant said copies (probably 1 or 2 left in stock).
  • Depending on the rate that your film sells, you will be contacted and additional copies will be requested when supplies diminish enough to warrant said copies (probably 1 or 2 left in stock).
  • JDP also requests that you supply artwork, photos, trailers, and/or text so that we may provide information about your film in a clear and concise manner. We can also make arrangements to provide minimal information on the JDP site but direct shoppers to your site for more information about your film.
  • JDP will create a presence in the STORE section of the site using the information and artwork that you provided. It will consist of some but not necessarily all of the following info LINKS:

News – displays recent coverage of the film in newspapers, magazines, or web articles
Media – trailers and teasers
Cast – this can be used if your film does not have a IMDb listing
IMDb – will direct viewers to the Internet Movie Database (only available if the film is currently listed on the IMDb)
Reviews – external reviews of the film from 3rd parties.

• The cost of this service provided by JDP is 25% + $1. You will need to inform JDP how much you wish to retain for each DVD/VHS sale. There is a calculation that will be used to determine what the online price will be. Keep in mind though that there is a balance between the amount that you would like to retain and what the market will bear.
  • You will also need to inform JDP how often and by what means you wish to receive funds for sold items. It can be on a “per item sold” basis or “per month” or “per 5 sold”…this is pretty much up to you. I can send payments via PayPal or by checks through snail mail.
  • JDP will take care of processing all orders and making sure that the items ship out immediately upon purchase. You won't have to worry about a thing except providing JDP with more stock when the time comes

I really see this as a great opportunity for indy filmmakers to get their work out to those who want to see it. I can't think of any reason why a filmmaker would not use this system. It's a win win situation that requires very little effort. Even if you currently have some sort of e-commerce system for your films...why not use the JDP system in addition to yours? It's just another avenue for you to sell.

Well, that’s pretty much it. I hope that everything is clear. Please feel free to visit the store to see how it is set up. Go into the shopping cart process a few steps to see how it works. When you add an item to the cart it shows a little thumbnail of the last item that you place in your cart.

Store: http://www.jdigitalproduction.com/mall/Store.asp

Please send DVD/VHS to:
Jolliff Digital Production
ATTN: Jason Jolliff
8815 Arborway CT. #125
Indianapolis, IN 46268

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or give me a call at:
317-679-0429 or email me at edit@jdigitalproduction.com

Last edited:
Back