• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

call-for-entries Self distribution TVOD platform - 100 % profit to film makers

Hello all,

Over the past year I’ve been developing a self-distribution TVOD platform together with my colleague, as we’ve been frustrated with filmmakers often losing a significant portion of the profits from their films. This platform aims to change that by giving full control and profits back to the creators.

I'm excited to share it with you all and would love to get your feedback and gauge your interest. Here’s what sets our platform apart:

• 100% profit to filmmakers: All the profits from rentals goes directly to you, the filmmaker. No hidden fees.
  • Comment and rating Functions: Viewers can leave comments and ratings on each movie, fostering a community around your work.
  • Secure paywall: We support multiple secure payment options, including Stripe, Google Pay, Apple Pay, direct card payment and several others.
  • No login or account creation required: Viewers can rent movies without creating an account, reducing barriers to entry.
  • Analytics page for film owners: Access analytics about your films.
  • Instant self-service movie upload: Creators can upload movies within minutes through a self-service form.
  • No unique claim: as a filmmaker you can post your film on the platform and everywhere else. Take it down whenever you want.
As a creator you pay a small monthly fee. Cancel anytime. We are planning on giving away the first month for free so anyone can try it out and decide for themselves if it’s worth it.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this platform. Specifically:

• What features are most important to you when distributing your films?
  • Are there any additional features you’d like to see?
  • Would you be interested in using a platform like this? Why or why not?
Your feedback is invaluable as we continue to refine and improve this platform. Let’s create a space where filmmakers can thrive!

Feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments, or DM me if you prefer a more private conversation. I will update this post as the project progresses, so if your interested you can also save the post.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you!

• 100% profit to filmmakers: All the profits from rentals goes directly to you, the filmmaker. No hidden fees.
As a creator you pay a small monthly fee.
  • Would you be interested in using a platform like this? Why or why not?
Personally I prefer the commission model over the 100% profits with monthly fee model. Monthly fee = ongoing fee even when the film has become dormant so it's basically a cataloging fee. With the commission model there is zero monthly/yearly fee so if your film has zero activity for a month or multiple months or even years there is no fee. Then say for some reason you get a little activity, and they take a small fee (5-11% let's say), that's fine! This model is better for the low volume filmmakers and for posterity. For high volume, 100% of profits is better sure, and the monthly or yearly fee becomes almost irrelevant. But even those films will drop off. And then you are paying for it to be cataloged, when, that could be free. If you are talking about $9.99/month or like $100/year this is a large chunk of change and most filmmakers would end up removing their titles. That's why I like the commission model. Keep it there as long as you want and only pay when it's been purchased.

You might want to think about offering both models. Often times people have to choose one platform or the other and it would be great to have that choice in one. One might pick up a yearly membership for when their film is doing really well and after a year switch to commission so they weren't forced to cancel. You win, they win.

Back