• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

SEEKING INVESTORS(S) FOR MY FILM TO BE SHOT IN JAMAICA

My name is Nicholas Hemming Ceo of Nick Hemm Productions, I am a Graduate Of The Edna Manley Of The Visual And Performing Arts class of 1999, then I started my company in 2000 but It was registered in 2005 in Jamaica since our inception we have done numerous plays in Jamaica like the Jamaica voted roots play of the year in 2000 Brother Desmond by the Jamaica gleaner company, Since then I have done many others like If Love So Nice, Two Fowl A Mi Yard, Gansta World, just to name a few, we have also lent our services to other productions interms of stage managers, light and sound technical people, We have also gone into poetry and stand comedy developing it and being apart of many major shows in Jamaica most notable Rebel Salute.

Nick Hemm production has currently 15 people in its production they are all multi talented, some are actors, stage managers, poets, comedians, writer's directors and production personnel.

Nick-Hemm Productions is embarking on a film project which we hope to eventually present at various film festivals worldwide. It will also be released to movie theatres throughout the Caribbean and in select locations in the United States, Canada, and Europe. This will be a wonderful opportunity to parade the wealth of talent in the different facets of Jamaica's nascent film industry.

AIMS AND OBJECTIVE

1. To create a vibrant film industry that people can have a job so that people can make it easier with their skills to provide not only for themselves but for their families

2. To harvest the talents that is in Jamaica and showing it to the rest of the world so that the world can see the talent that is in Jamaica and create jobs for Jamaicans

Not only in Jamaica but overseas.

3. To make the world see our actors in front of and behind the camera and cast them in project in different parts of the world.

4. To develop an industry to give people leaving school the hope that there is an arena in Jamaica that they could get a job if they want to be in films.

5. Upon seeing the talent in Jamaica through this film more investors would come aboard and invest in Jamaica's film industry and more overseas producers would come to Jamaica and film their movies in America.

6. To make Jamaica the movie capital of the Caribbean

We would greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer and look forward to your prompt response.
Film Synopsis

Development Personnel

Participants in this venture can feel confident in the competence of the developers of this exciting new project. The writer, Nicholas Hemmings, has eight years of experience in the entertainment industry as an actor, playwright, director, stage manager, and poet. He has played major roles in the very successful roots plays - “Two Fowl a Mi Yaad”, “Brother Desmond”, and “If Love So Nice”. All of these were co-written and co-directed by him and the play “Brother Desmond” was voted by The Gleaner as the Roots Play of the Year in 2000. In 2004, he acted in the German-produced film “Take It Easy” and the locally produced film “Surf Rastas”.

The director, Andrew Crooks, more popularly known as Anju Val, is a popular television personality on the local cable station Hype TV. He has been instrumental in the development and success of this premier cable station. Andrew has accumulated over four years of experience in numerous facets of the entertainment industry. In addition to being a television presenter, Andrew is also a director and editor. To date, he has directed over one dozen videos for popular local and international entertainment personalities which include Richie Stephens, Vybz Kartel, Lukie D, Beenie Man, TOK, Mad Cobra, and Elephant man, Baby Cham among others.

These two will lead a team of young professionals in successfully completing this film project.

Veteran stage and film actor, Carl Davis, will lead the cast of this film. He has appeared in such Jamaican television classics as “Titus”, “Royal Palm Estate”, and film roles like “Dancehall Queen”,

TARGET AUDIENCE
“Getting Out” will appeal primarily to the young, urban segment of the market with middle to lower class socioeconomic background. Our primary target market is are people between the ages of 14 and 39 who have attained at least a primary level of education and work in professions ranging from skilled to technical. Members of this segment possess an affinity for the dancehall and roots reggae culture and for recreational purposes they typically patronize sessions, night clubs or the movies theatres.

Promotional Strategies

Nick-Hemm Productions will launch a promotional campaign which will include a variety of tactics to pull our target market. This will see us aligning ourselves with entities which appeal to our target market. These include - all major local television and radio stations, night clubs, and print media. In addition to the traditional forms of promotion, we plan to launch a ground-breaking programme on local television which will take viewers on a journey into the filming of the movie. This will air on cable stations primarily (Hype TV and RE TV) and will help viewers to develop a connection with the film and create a buzz. Additionally, Nick-Hemm Productions is arranging an exciting line up of producers and artistes to record a soundtrack which will receive air play on radio stations as well as music videos for television.

BENIFITS THAT WILL BE DERIVED FROM YOUR COMPANY BEING ATTACHED TO THIS PROJECT

Participants stand to reap significant rewards from marketing in this venture. This film will achieve a to reach a wide audience mainly to a novel strategy we plan to market film world wide, especially to parts of the world that Reggae dancehall music has a huge following ( Europe, Japan, Caribbean, Africa and the United States of America) you will lso be apart of the marketing, the first financial return will go striaght to you to recover your your capital and we will decide on how we will split the rest of the returns, this will open the door for you to do more projects in the caribbean and the rest of the world

Nick Hem Productions is asking you to produce this entire project for us, your assistance will be appreciated and it will go a far way in making this film, this will help us to off set some amount of the production cost and the early stages of the promotion, we would be Deeply grateful with you being apart of our wonderful project and help the Jamaican Film industry to grow and for this project we will be fifty fifty partners or we can make other arangements

Getting Out is a screenplay written by myself Nicholas Hemmings, I own the rights to this script.

Yes I have a script, the final production is one month, the final venue - will be film festivals all over the world, in theatres in the Caribbean, parts of the USA, Canada and England. This production is for the theatre screen and then sells it to a Cable Station and also DVD's and VHS sales.

The cast is 28 members; no budget has been made for extras and stunt actors but the extras have volunteered their services and while the stunt actors will cost US$530. The budget is based on Jamaican low budget non union rates.

SOUNDTRACK

None of the production has been filmed; all of it will shot in Jamaica. The script doesn't have specific location but I have located locations for filming.

Reggae acts like Richie Spice and Tony Rebel who are huge in Europe, Japan, Africa (parts of the United States) have agreed to do sound tracks,

Sizzla who is now signed to Damion Dash records in the U.S.A has also agreed to do soundtrack for the film,

T.O.K has also agreed to do soundtrack also from their ground breaking My Crew, My Dogs, to their current hit album, Unknown Language, dancehall's first and only quartet, T.O.K. continue to make their mark in the mainstream. Their current single, Footprints (a stirring tribute to loved ones lost due to senseless violence) is in rotation in major US markets even as the music video
climbs BET's 106 and Park. Their explosive performances include a ten year career of club banging tracks? Money 2 Burn, Eagles Cry, Hey Ladies, Solid as A Rock, Shake Your Bam Bam and their most recent hit, Tears. Performing at a slew of US based radio concerts, "yard based" calendar concerts and embarking on a sold out Japan tour.

Ken Booth has the biggest hit interms of soundtrack in the United States when he did the hit "Money Train" for the movie of the same name.

Shaggy, Sean Paul Beenie Man ( grammy winners), Elephant Man who is now signed to Sean 'P Diddy' Combes Bad Boy label, and Baby Cham who is now signed to Atlantic Records. I have suspended dialog with them because I haven't started production or secured the funds

We will also be using about 5 up coming reggae acts in the soundtrack to expose their talents to the rest of the world

Major Film that has been done by Jamaican Productions
. Jamaica has done films like 'The Harder They Come' starring Jimmy Cliff, 'Dancehall Queen, Third World Cop' starring Paul Campbell and Shattes starring Kymani Marley , (this movie is a cult classic world wide.)

This movie will take six weeks to film, and another month to edit. the equipments that are cheaper for rental than buying we will do that

Getting Out Budget Production budget Total $249752.95

Nick Hemm productions would be releasing this Film in the traditional movie theatres in Jamaica and also a new and innovative way. We will be going into rural Jamaica in places that they have no movie theatre, We will tour the island the same way local plays do we will rent auditoriums and set up a monitor and show the film, with the success we have had with plays I am confident that this will work with strong promotion. These venue holds eight hundred to one thousand five hundred patrons. (We will tour 12 of the 14 parishes because the others has a theatre) one or two showings at each venue. The aim is to open this film in Jamaica after the film festivals, then the rest of the Caribbean and create a buzz around it, and then we open in the United States, Japan Europe and Africa. The soundtrack is very important to this film because it will be used as a marketing tool in markets where reggae and dancehall music is big the film will ride the coat tail of reggae music in those markets. please e mail me at nickhemm@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
Yours Truly

Nicholas Hemmings

CEO of Nick Hemm Productions

Back