• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch SEEKER - 2 min (hacked gh2)

SEEKER, is my first foray into narrative work with the hacked GH2. It originally was meant to be a camera test, but I often get tired of watching videos of cats and trees so I wanted to do a little narrative. Please let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/57011096

GH2 settings: Flowmotion v2.02, Dynamic B&W -1,0,-2
Canon FD Lenses: 17mm f/4, 28mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4

Hmm, it was okay. I liked the black and white photography, but it needed a greater sense of setting. Every shot just looked the same. I'm not sure I fully understood what was going on.

How did you get the aspect ratio?

I really enjoyed that. I loved the black and white grading, the cinematography was very good, (maybe a bit repetitive but for me, that implies that he's lost and going around in circles) and that indislider you used is very impressive! The picture quality that you got from that camera is very good as well.

One thing I didn't like, and I might just be being picky here, is the shot of when the character is looking around the corner with the camera moving across. I felt the depth of field was too shallow. Maybe that's my opinion - what do you think?

But overall it was excellent - talented cinematographer.

Back