• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Seeing Things - A Phantom Filmmaker Short

I have a YouTube Channel called Phantom Filmmaker. What you will find there are original music compositions, and some random videos with weird imagery. But I do want to add more short films. This one is a very basic, straight forward short that is under 2 mins in length. The reason for posting it in the Experimental section of the forum is because it doesn't have a narrative, and is a learning exercise for me.

My intention with this is to test the effectiveness of something which you might see as one scene out of a short film except here it is on it's own. But that's not all. I would like to test how effective I have been, and how I can improve, with communicating things with no dialogue (well, this one has very minimal dialogue, probably only two words total), and without blatantly making things obvious in terms of stating it overtly.

For example: The beginning of this video is done in a certain way, with certain sound effects, to try and communicate what state of being the character is in at the start, without having to make it obvious by giving them a prop or actually showing their body language to express what state they're in.

Here is a link to the short called Seeing Things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2xsuk7ae3Y

Back