Second Round of Auditions

sfoster

Staff Member
Oh would I appreciate a line producer right about now.
Over 50 auditions coming up.. i've contacted about half the applicants now and scheduled times.

A couple people look a little older even though they may be in the age range I requested. I don't want to tell them that though, seems rude.

What do you think I should say? I want to at least say thanks for your interest but no thanks in some polite way instead of ignoring them.

What would/do you do?

I don't think my brain is working very well. Did I mention I was throwing up all night friday til 5am. It was a rough weekend to audition people but FWIW it was a pretty mild flu as far as flu's go. I made sure to wash my hands a lot

The last thing I would want is to argue with an actor during filming.. but i have a couple of small roles where I was happy with the audition, they could do it just that way for the film and it's set. but maybe it was a little awkward personally with the person.

That's more what I meant even though it's not what you said.

I've almost gone through all the footage. I wish I could share the hilarity with you guys but I'm not willing to post anyones audition footage. maybe I will ask her.

After this one girl finished I told her she was cute when she's angry.

I meant that as a professional compliment, it's a fascinating quality for an actress. generally they're just angry when they're angry. Well she laughs but then like 5 seconds later she gets a really creeped out look on her face. And I lose it every time I watch that footage it has me rolling around :lol: too funny, but words can't describe a look.

sexyPic.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I'm curious about the lack of men auditioning for the lead. Especially since you are getting a lot auditioning for supporting.

What is the description of the lead you are posting in the casting call? It could be there just simply aren't as many men out there with those specs.

Actors won't waste their time on roles that seem way out of their look or age range.

Hey, I'm curious about the lack of men auditioning for the lead. Especially since you are getting a lot auditioning for supporting.

What is the description of the lead you are posting in the casting call? It could be there just simply aren't as many men out there with those specs.

Actors won't waste their time on roles that seem way out of their look or age range.

WE NEED:
Actors and Actresses 20-35 years old

Ep. 3 & 4
Lead male - Unsuccessful genius finds his talents are better suited to a
life of crime. A walter white type character.
Supporting female - girlfriend of lead male. Not a Skyler White!
Ep. 3 Only
Supporting male - best friend of lead male
Supporting female - wife of the Boss from episode 1.

There are also minor roles available at a different payscale.

Bodyguard of the Boss - $150 total. Not per-episode.
Adult of any age running a yard sale - Pay TBD
Adult of any age that accidentally hits someone with their car - Pay TBD

Ah! By saying a Walter White-type, believe it or not, many might be saying, well, I don't look or act anything like Walter White on Breaking Bad.

Also, Walter White is quite a bit older than the age range you are giving there.

Ah! By saying a Walter White-type, believe it or not, many might be saying, well, I don't look or act anything like Walter White on Breaking Bad.

Also, Walter White is quite a bit older than the age range you are giving there.

Yes - Perhaps I was misunderstood.

:no:

Also I think next time I will talk myself up a little bit more.

It's a tricky thing. You want to make sure you are descriptive enough to weed out people who aren't right for the role, but also not so narrow that you are excluding people you might want to see.

As an actor, I read casting notices very closely and I make decision on whether or not it would be worth my time to audition for something based on what they are looking for.

Recently, a casting director called a bunch of us that she regularly calls in and asked why we didn't submit for a recent call she put out. The call said, "Dad: think Kevin James on King of Queens." Well, a bunch of us said, we don't look at all like that type. She then clarified the casting call to say that she just meant the vibe not the look.

Were there any guys auditioning for the friend that could also have been good for the lead?

There was one guy but I don't think he wants the role.
Maybe with some convincing but it's dubious - he was really uncomfortable doing a cold read (I threw a second scene at him later, without warning). I think perhaps he had someone coaching him for the audition.

Last edited:
It's pretty common to have someone coach you for the audition.

Why are you concerned about cold reading ability? Won't the actors have the script in advance of when you're actually shooting?

It's the combination of the coaching and only wanting the supporting role. Makes me think maybe his coach has some limited availability or something.

I could just be crazy. But yeah I wouldn't turn someone down just for a cold read if they had a good audition. I also wish I pushed him harder to get more emotion out of him as a test.

Back