SDHC Cards - Recommendations?

Hey all:

I just did a comparison to look at the output of three 1024-capable cameras - GoPro HD, a Canon 60D DSLR and Canon HFS100 camcorder.

I also had three different SDHC cards. One is a older Lexar that I know will only handle 720p in the Go Pro, so I put it there.

I put a Class 4 Kingston 8Gb in the 60D and a 20Mb/sec 8Gb Sandisk Extreme in the HFS100.

The 60D was set for 720p and 60fps. The HFS100 was set for 1920x1080 in Cine mode (24 fps).

FWIW, the HFS 100 was running a Rode Videomic in to the ext. mic port. Battery was in good condition. My playback computer is an HP laptop with dual Centrino CPUs, 4Gb RAM and lots of disk space.

So, the results? Well, rather like the bottom of a bird cage...

The 60D had huge sync problems between video and sound, ignoring the sound quality issue.

The HFS100 also showed sych issues, but less so.

This leaves me feeling that these cards are still not fast enough to record correctly.

What are you using? Are you having issues? Are there any bullet-proof cards out there? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Don

test not scientific enough for conclusion. you need to use the exact same card for the cameras. I use class 6 kingston and don't have a problem. But have never done any comparison so I wouldn't know

Back