• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Scriptwriting help urgently needed, please!

Hi there!

My name is Joe Winchcombe, and I am a second year student at Staffordshire University, studying Media (Film) Production BA (Hons).

For a module titled 'Professional Practice', we have been set the task of researching into an area of the film and television industry that we are particularly interested in. I myself am interested in writing for the screen, as well as writing in general, so have decided to look into the world of screen writing for the project.

I was hoping to find, through this forum, people who are currently working in this industry, people who have worked there in the past, or people who know people with such positions, so that I can find out what is required to enter and work in the industry i.e. technical skills, industry knowledge, experiences, qualifications, contacts, ideas, abilities, commitment, enthusiasm, determination, and communication skills.

Any help I can receive would be greatly appreciated, so if you have any information that you think might be useful, please let me know asap.

Thank you!

Back