• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Script for short

Hey

I am new to this forum and thought it would be a great place to try and meet people with similar interests and talk about them. I am a film student studying in the UK. After making music videos and a couple of shorts i want to step my game up. The shorts i have made so far have been shot nicely, but due to bad scripts have not been finished and have been left at the editing stage. I would now like to make a short film in my own time which will not have the harsh deadlines of college projects. I have access to some great equipment and have been keeping in contact with various filmmakers and actors/actresses and i am hoping to pull in some favors.

All i need now is a script and this is where i need you help. I am not a writer and therefore feel if i try to write a script it will just end up as a bad short film. I am a student and therefore have no budget to make this film but i would love it if somebody could help me out maybe writing me a script or supplying one that is already written. I know this is a massive ask of somebody. I am hoping to make a great short and will want to enter into festivals and gain as much public exposure as possible. Obviously full credit will be given to the writer.

So if you are interested or know anybody that is interested please let me know.. if not any related advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if i have posted this into the wrong place i am new to this forum.

Thanks Josh

Here's a script that was made available for IT members to shoot a lo/no budget short off of:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...hm&authkey=CLu89pEM&hl=en_US&authkey=CLu89pEM

And here's the short I made using that script as a foundation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBPYz5XYmto

Note how much of the "original" script was somewhat "modified" while retaining the overall theme.

Honestly, a lot of what anyone is able to produce (especially on lo/no budget) depends a very great deal upon what resources you have available, including not only budget & equipment, but also talent, locations, and time.

Do you have one or two "actor" friends available?
What could you ask them to do? Will they cry on camera? Scream? Yell? Will they let you squirt fake blood all over them? Will they let you use their homes as locations?

Write a short according to the resources/assets you do have.
And if push comes to shove, let us know a few of the assets you do have and maybe we can suggest a few stories that'll fit into that specific template.
Maybe. ;)

Back