• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

script editor credit

I've had several people volunteer to read my screenplay....but one has came back with his review, some nice points, which I'll take on board, but he has asked for a script editor credit....I've no issue with this, but feel if I give him the credit, then the other 3 people who read my script and gave feedback (although not detailed or anything which I can improve on beside spelling), may wonder why they hadn't been given one.....Any thoughts?

Found something about the editor:

A story editor will come on board a project often when there is some development funding or financing in place, and usually when a producer and/or director is attached. A story editor can be invaluable in helping to unify the visions of the writer, director and producer, and make sure that it is articulated in the best way. At this point, there is a specific target market that has been identified, and the entire production, and project as a whole is taking shape. The story editor facilitates the creative process, can mediate ideas, and helps to maintain the vision and integrity of the project. It is imperative that the story editor chosen for a particular project is the right fit. Some work with a preference of genre, short format, long format etc. As with the script consultant, it can be a very intimate working relationship, so select the right professional for you and your project. - See more at: http://www.productionheads.com/2010/09/1378/#sthash.l5unQmnH.dpuf

A script editor typically has an active, ongoing role. So as changes are made during filming, they make changes and track revisions. So just giving feedback on a script doesn't really qualify as a 'script editor'. You are welcome to express thanks or appreciation in the credits.
Code:
                                          CREDITS
    A special thanks for script feedback:    
           Jason Argold, David Thomas, Sylvia Martin
Jason would be your premier reviewer.

Back