• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Script Coverage Contest ($300 in awards)

Need Script Reader For Short Film - Contest

I need someone who is skilled at reading and evaluating film scripts. The project is a 13 page short film that is 100% funded and currently in pre-production.

You would need to:
1. Read the script.
2. Write an evaluation that is 1 to 3 pages long (single spaced). The evaluation should be focused on the story, characters and theme, but I would be interested in any other thoughts that strike you about it as well.

I want honest feedback and will not be offended if it is negative. Either way, give suggestions on what you think would improve the script. This is a fast paced, action adventure piece with very little dialogue. It is effects heavy and designed to show our ability to tell a story.

I estimate it will take an hour or so of work for an editor/script reader to complete this project.

I'm doing this because I want feedback on my script. Principle photography is scheduled for late October. We are already setting up the effect plates and sketching out some initial storyboards (you can see some of them at the link below).

There are a couple of reasons it may make sense for you to participate.

1. A bit of cash in your pocket.

2. Recognition on my blog. Coverage will be posted on my blog from the 10 best coverage pieces. If your coverage is posted, I will also include (with your approval) your name, web site and/or contact info. This will allow other viewers of the blog to contact you and potentially hire you for larger script analysis projects.

3. It's also a good exercise of your script analysis skills and hopefully, it should be fun.

I am going to pay $300 total to the top three submissions ($100 per person).

I am going to post those three submissions plus 7 more (if I get that many) on my blog.

So, with that said, there is no guarantee that your submission will be picked, but I promise that postings will be made and money will be paid as outlined. On top of that, it should be a great way to participate in a community of engaged, articulate writers, filmmakers and editors.

If you'd like to participate, please go to this link.
http://joecrumpfilm.com/scriptreader

Back