• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenwriting program

Or you can just download final draft and crack it.

If you ever try to sell anything you make, I hope everyone pirates it.

To the OP -

If you're looking at ogranizational structure for writing the suggestions here are good. If you like lots of complexity / options - Liquid story binder is pretty great.

If you just want a good writing space / type write environment - something that is basically a markdown editor can be nice.

Or you can just download final draft and crack it.

Moderator note, not a point of discussion:

Piracy is theft. We don't promote piracy here.

Personal note as a community member:
As a content creator, I'm constantly shocked when I hear other content creators telling people to steal other people's work. Don't crack it. If it's good enough that you want it instead of the free one, it's probably worth paying the team that developed it for their hard work.

Piracy is theft. We don't promote piracy here.

while piracy is wrong a recent survey found that people who pirated products were the biggest purchasers of the product.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...pirates-buy-more-full-stop-deal-with-it.shtml

i think the concept is that once we start making money from something we feel obliged to purchase the product as we know its full use.

i believe the creators of the film INK also became famous thanks to pirating.

so is it really that bad?

i dont think so... aslong as you intend to purchase at some point

I use Final Draft (purchased, not pirated -- there's a reason I took that well-paying software job), but really, any auto-formatting screenplay program will work when you're just starting out.

I was shocked at how much better my screenwriting got when I could just focus on writing without having to spend any mental energy on formatting the darned thing. I'd say start with Celtix, and if you start hitting any limitations or annoyances then save up and get Final Draft at that point.

Like they said, try Celtx, since it's free.

But since Final Draft always gets a mention (I haven't used it), might as well recommend Movie Magic Screenwriter, too. It's been swell to me so far. =)

Ill chuck in my 2cents for Celtx too, and as Escher said, get it to get the feeling of screenwriting and once you feel you're starting to put grow it look into Final Draft or similar.

But hey, it's free, it's worth a shot!

Back