• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenwriters in the MD/VA/D.C. area?

I'm an aspiring screenwriter, with a couple of good ideas and I am trying to find somebody to work with as a co-writer. I work better when there's somebody else I can bounce ideas off of. If you leive anywhere near Southern Maryland, Northern Virginia, or D.C., i'm willing to work with you

I'm an aspiring screenwriter, with a couple of good ideas and I am trying to find somebody to work with as a co-writer. I work better when there's somebody else I can bounce ideas off of. If you leive anywhere near Southern Maryland, Northern Virginia, or D.C., i'm willing to work with you

Neat. I live around the Baltimore Area and I'm an aspiring filmmaker with my brother. Currently, I've been writing a feature length screenplay that we're going to be spending the next year and a half making. Our goal is to get it into Cannes. The technical side of the operation won't be a problem. The main issue is our story, which is very difficult since I'm the only person in our group who has ideas for stories. I'm actually half way through the second draft, so the story is more or less written, but it would be great to get a second opinion from a writer, especially since I don't have any formal training in creative writing. (I'm a history major with a teaching certificate...But, I studied a lot of psychology, neuroscience, physics, quantum mechanics, etc)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested in knowing more about the movie. I'm trying to pull in as much new talent as possible. I want people who are good, but don't have anything to jump on. But more importantly, I want people who have a reason to make films...Not just because they like making films. If you have a reason, I would love to hear it and some of your ideas for stories.

Who knows. We could make a real dream team...

For starters, my name is George. Im 23. I would not have a problem sharing some of my ideas with you, and give feedback to ideas you may have. The only thing I ask is that I get credited as a co-writer for any project I contribute creatively in. I, of course will do the same with you. I noticed in Hollywood, most great movies have co-writers. That's why I'm looking for someone I can team up with on a consistent basis for every project.

You wanted me to state why I want to write movies, and it's pretty simple. Movies have been pretty much my life. Ive always gone to the movies from when I was a kid, until now. To me, the movie theatre is a sanctuary. A place I can go to in order to escape reality. The problem is, everything Hollywood makes now is complete shit. Even Hollywood knows it. Thats why there's nothing but sequels and remakes. There's no originality. If I had ideas that at least inspire some sort of artistic motivation, I should at least attempt to make it come to fruition. I want to create a world, so people like me, who sit at a movie theatre to escape the harsh realities of life, can enjoy what theyre watching. I look forward to hearing from you. And like you said, we might be the next dream team.

For faster contact, contact me on my email: quintero.george@ymail.com

You wanted me to state why I want to write movies, and it's pretty simple. Movies have been pretty much my life. Ive always gone to the movies from when I was a kid, until now. To me, the movie theatre is a sanctuary. A place I can go to in order to escape reality. The problem is, everything Hollywood makes now is complete shit. Even Hollywood knows it. Thats why there's nothing but sequels and remakes. There's no originality. If I had ideas that at least inspire some sort of artistic motivation, I should at least attempt to make it come to fruition. I want to create a world, so people like me, who sit at a movie theatre to escape the harsh realities of life, can enjoy what theyre watching. I look forward to hearing from you. And like you said, we might be the next dream team.

That's pretty cool man. I'm personally into film because its the best medium to use for what I want to do in life. My ultimate reason for doing film is to express and make sense of who we are as people within the paradigm of the 21st century. I've always been curious about the human condition, particularly in how a person can go from good to evil. I'm very much into Phillip Zimbardo's work on the Lucifer effect and really want to explore that within film to make sense of it for a larger audience. Anyway, I guess to sum it up properly, I want to bring film back to its original intent and really connect it to an audience so that they can understand themselves better.

Its basically applying the same principles behind why we dream. We dream for physiological reasons, not just for shits and giggles. As we dream at night, we're creating new neural connections by re-playing things that happened to us throughout the day, or perhaps manifestations of those experiences that have been occurring lately. In the end, we're acting something out in our heads and are whole-heartedly in tune with it, sometimes even crying or feeling really good or scared when we wake up from them.

In my opinion, I think that's why we naturally created and used theatre throughout human history and its why we create films in the first place. The act of creating films is our inherent desire to know and understand ourselves better, both individually and collectively. My goal is to bring cinema clearly into that, so that others might learn and do the same, instead of blindly getting into it.

Back