• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenwriter Wanted For Animated Feature Collaboration

Hi all! I have written a lengthy, detailed plot synopsis for an original animated musical film and I'm looking for a screenwriter to help me bang it into shape because while I'm great at coming up with plots and characters, I'm not so good at the actual writing.

The main character is an eight-year-old girl with High Functioning Autism and the plot involves her and a friend foiling a museum heist after she discovers that the guy her mom's dating is a notorious thief (the mom doesn't know, obviously).

What I'm really looking for in a writing partner is someone who would be willing to do a draft, let me make any revisions I deem necessary and send it back, than make revisions on my revisions and send it back to me and so on until we both agree that it's as good as we can make it.

Unfortunately, I can't offer to pay upfront (although I would if I could), but once I have a more-or-less finished screenplay to work with, the ultimate end goal would be to put together a small crew of animators, voice actors, etc. and try to obtain funding to produce the film via Kickstarter or IndieGoGo and at that point, we can work out some kind of arrangement and build it into the budget. In addition, if I am successful in funding the film and if it is ultimately produced, anyone who was involved in the production would get an equal share of the profits, if there are any.

If anyone is interested, PM me an email address and I can send you a zip file containing the plot synopsis, character notes and the temp music I selected for where the songs would go so you can listen and get a better idea of what I'm going for.

Thanks for reading!

Back