• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Screenplay Software

I've only been using 'Celtx' Software for typing my Screenplays, as it's reliable and Free. Software is very good, except, the spell checker uses different spelling for quite a lot of words. My friend insisted, similar to Microsoft Word, it recognises 'American Spelling', and not 'UK Spelling'...Not sure if that's true....What Screenplay Software do you use, and how effective is it?

ScreenShot2014-11-13at31312AM_zpsded01995.png

source: http://celtx.tumblr.com/post/38235125086/how-do-i-change-the-language-to-english-british

Lazy? Celtx website is stupid hard to navigate?

Here's a direct download to the UK Spellcheck Install. (Note you have to have Celtx Desktop installed to download)

Download

-------------------

Want your Microsoft Word to spellcheck for UK also? It's a bit more than just a download... check here to learn more about it

Last edited:
ScreenShot2014-11-13at31312AM_zpsded01995.png

source: http://celtx.tumblr.com/post/38235125086/how-do-i-change-the-language-to-english-british

Lazy? Celtx website is stupid hard to navigate?

Here's a direct download to the UK Spellcheck Install. (Note you have to have Celtx Desktop installed to download)

Download

-------------------

Want your Microsoft Word to spellcheck for UK also? It's a bit more than just a download... check here to learn more about it

thanks for the link.....Not lazy, just didn't think that I could change the spell check settings. Wish I did know, as I ended up saving the Screenplay to Microsoft Word, doing the spell checker, then copy and paste back into Celtx, but having to re-align every single line...Only took 13 hours:grumpy:

thanks for the link.....Not lazy, just didn't think that I could change the spell check settings. Wish I did know, as I ended up saving the Screenplay to Microsoft Word, doing the spell checker, then copy and paste back into Celtx, but having to re-align every single line...Only took 13 hours:grumpy:

Lol I wasn't calling you lazy. When I'm bored I do a bit of extra helping... like providing what I call "lazy links". They direct straight to the content the OP is asking about... rather than making the look for it. (Especially on a site like Celtx.com UGH it all tries to lead back to their marketing pages.)

But yea, most programs have a UK english spellchecker, they just need to be downloaded and installed most of the time.

Lol I wasn't calling you lazy. When I'm bored I do a bit of extra helping... like providing what I call "lazy links". They direct straight to the content the OP is asking about... rather than making the look for it. (Especially on a site like Celtx.com UGH it all tries to lead back to their marketing pages.)

But yea, most programs have a UK english spellchecker, they just need to be downloaded and installed most of the time.

hahaha my bad...Glad to have people such as yourself, willing to help others

I use Adobe Story. Celtx is too bloated now. If you're on Windows or Linux, check out Trelby. I call it Final Draft Free

I've been using Trelby for a while, and it is great as a lightweight package, but it has too many annoying little bugs, such as the lack of dual dialogue, or the way that BOB and BOB (O.S) and BOB (V.O) are treated as different characters.

The best compromise between bloat and ease of use I've come across is probably WriterDuet.

I use CeltX because I'm a cheap bastard. The lack of highlightinh features really pisses me off, but other than that, it gets the job done, for free. But it can't do Stageplays for shit.

I'll try Trelby now. Thanks for the tip.

I'd like to say... just because... I just downloaded Adobe Story Plus (I have CC from Full Sail) and... well it's extremely hard to just pick up and start working. Celtx I downloaded, opened, and instantly was learning how fluidly the software works... Adobe Story Plus... well it's driving me crazy. It's not very user interface friendly... the font is absolutely painful....

Overall I'm highly dissatisfied with this Adobe product that people pay money for.

Back