• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Science Team Trailer

I was just a little confused about the genre.

It's horror-comedy. It's also shit-balls crazy, in a good way.

The director made a decision I don't agree with, by cutting a couple things from the trailer that more highlighted the comedy. Oh well, it's his film, and editors don't get final cut. I was just glad to take part.

But yeah, the movie is pretty darn funny.

I got the vibe that it was a comedy, even though the trailer didn't quite reveal it to be so (which I agree, is a bit of a mistake.)

It's hard for me to watch a trailer and actually enjoy it, cuz I think every single movie trailer makes the movie look like garbage, no matter the genre, but I actually liked this a little. I'd definitely be interested in watching it

Great trailer, especially considering the directorial limitations foisted upon you.

Glad the movie is shit-ballz crazy, otherwise I would a guessed your trailer was the best part of the film! :yes:

How do you guys not see the OTT horror comedy in this? :lol:

Definitely made me interested in watching it.

Though I agree, it's probably a little miopic of the director to cut the comedy from the trailer. I mean, I understand not wanting to spoil your 1 or 2 good laughs (though if that's all you got, it's not really a comedy anyway), but to quote Mel Brooks 'Funny is Money.' If you can even mislead the audience in the trailer by making the movie seem hilarious, then people will totally watch it.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, simply because he's not here to present his reasoning for cutting it. Plus, it wasn't anything extreme. It was two cuts, that's all. The first could be thought of as a bit of a prologue, a bit of absurdity before getting into the meat and potatoes of the trailer. The second was what's called a tag (I like to use them), one brief clip after the trailer is basically over, something to show a different mood than what was before it.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't say he placed any "limitations" on me. He allowed me to take creative control, while offering some REALLY useful critiques. And again, editors (neither of trailers or movies) don't get final cut, nor should they.

I didn't really mean to gripe, I was more saying that just to point out that the movie is primarily comedic in nature.

I'm glad there seems to be some interest here. As I hear of news of it's availability, screenings, VOD, I'll be sure to share it here.

As I hear of news of it's availability, screenings, VOD, I'll be sure to share it here.
Please, scrounge up all the dirty details to share you can! :yes:

In lieu of that, invite the director and producers to share their sausage making experience. :yes::yes:

Last edited:
Back