• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Scarlett's trail * short film *

Lol, that girl wasn't scary at all! :D
I do like the creepy smiles at the end. Pretty fun short.

The only gripes I had were that the shots seem a bit too static. It almost feels like there needs to be more movement, or maybe I'm just too used to the camera moving all over the place in recent films. Also, the scene that starts at around 1:55 has too soft audio. I can't hear what they're saying, and I shouldn't have to change my speaker volume for each scene.

I liked it though, the beginning gave me vibes of "Wrong Turn."

Lol, that girl wasn't scary at all! :D
I do like the creepy smiles at the end. Pretty fun short.

The only gripes I had were that the shots seem a bit too static. It almost feels like there needs to be more movement, or maybe I'm just too used to the camera moving all over the place in recent films. Also, the scene that starts at around 1:55 has too soft audio. I can't hear what they're saying, and I shouldn't have to change my speaker volume for each scene.

I liked it though, the beginning gave me vibes of "Wrong Turn."

thx, I wanted to do a horror themed story that everyone could watch, and make it anti gore and shaky cam etc.

Unfortunately with me doing the directing/cam/sound and it being shot in 4 hrs it meant I was restricted a bit in what i could achieve. This was the most dialogue and cast I'd used and I'm reasonably happy with most of it. Onwards and upwards :yes:

Taking into consideration, the amount of time you gave yourself to put together this short, I think it's a great effort.

Scenery is amazing, I always find something very mysterious about this kind of Tranquillity. The cast also done a great job, they don't look stiff at all and performed well IMO...

Overall mate, it's a good concept and would be interesting to see it develop if you decided to take it further. Look forward to seeing future projects. :)

Taking into consideration, the amount of time you gave yourself to put together this short, I think it's a great effort.

Scenery is amazing, I always find something very mysterious about this kind of Tranquillity. The cast also done a great job, they don't look stiff at all and performed well IMO...

Overall mate, it's a good concept and would be interesting to see it develop if you decided to take it further. Look forward to seeing future projects. :)

Thanks. It was a bit of an Ed Wood style shoot lol. I know with more time I can do better =)

Also I have gone into semi-retirement from filmmaking, it's not worth the effort just now. I am going to concentrate on my first love...........whisky.

jk, I am going to do a comic book based on my halloween short film.

Back