• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Sargento's Saddle

Well, here it is. For better or for worse, my first project.

http://vimeo.com/user30603938/sargentossaddle

My son was our team leader and executive producer. I was his "line producer" for the project. He also came up with the story and wrote the first script (then two other guys rewrote that script one hour before we began filming). I didn't do any of the camera work, script work, directing, or anything else. I di swing boom for several shots, but we lost all boomed audio and had to go with in-camera mics because I didn't have a shotlist, someone being 1stAC and organizing the shots, or someone dedicated to synching audio as it came in. I only organized the team (a very difficult task have never volunteered on any projects in town) and I secured the locations and backup locations (unfortunately, we had to use the backup locations because the original locations all fell through).

The nominees for awards have been announced, and ours was not named among contenders for any of the judges' awards or the audience favorite awards (we came in 8 out of 10 in audience voting for our screening cluster).

I lie awake at night thinking about the extra hurdles that the members of our team had to overcome, just because I have never made a film before in my life. When our locations in the same city fell through at the last minute, it required some of us to drive 330+ miles that weekend. That's six hours just on the road. It is rather miraculous that we turned in anything at all, let alone an exciting film -- ON TIME. The team truly rose to the challenge and it was an honor to work with each of them.

I also want to say "thank you" to everyone here. Without your answers, insights, patience and experience I would have never had the courage to attempt to Produce something like this.

Tagline: A wealthy horse farm owner goes on a journey of twists and turns. And not just on horseback-- in...

Title: "Sargento's Saddle"

Assigned Genre: Film Noir

Required Character: Lucy or Left Ellsworth, professional athlete

Required Prop: A slice of pizza

Required Line: "How was I to know?"

Team: Alan Smithee Productions

Team Leader: Nicholas Skidmore

48HFP City: Louisville, KY 2014

A never-before assembled team filmmakers' first entry in a 48 Hour Film Project shot in four locations in three different cities eighty miles apart with one unit and a cast and crew ages 3 to 53 and submitted their entry on time.

SARGENTO'S SADDLE

Story by
NICHOLAS SKIDMORE

Directed by
SAMANTHA HACK

Written by
KELLEY CANTRELL, JASON MATLACK, & NICHOLAS SKIDMORE
and
ANTHONY CARNEY & ALEX PROBST

Edited by
KELLEY CANTRELL

Starring
ANTHONY CARNEY as Tony
SALLY EVANS as Sally
RYAN BURCH as Lefty Ellsworth
PAULA AGEE as Paula
NICHOLE DOIMER as Nichole
GABRIELLA AGEE as Gabi
ISABELLA AGEE as Bella
NICHOLAS SKIDMORE as ring bearer
JASON MATLACK as minister

Director of Photography
ALEX PROBST

Color Correction by
CORY TITUS

Original Score Composed by
JACOB HALM

Camera Operators
CORY TITUS, JEFF ALLEN, SAMANTHA HACK, and ALEX PROBST

Key Production Assistant and Stunt Coordinator
MICHAEL HACK

Boom Operators
SUPATWONG MAKATHAN and MICHAEL HACK

Sound Design and Additional Dialogue Recording
MARCUS RIXON

Sound Editor
BOB KESSLER

Set Design and Prop Master
JILL DOIMER

Graphic Design
PAIGE HARLOW

Craft Service
JOY & ELISE SKIDMORE

Aerial Drone Operator
J.D. WRIGHT

Executive Producer and Post Production Supervisor
Anthony Carney

Team Leader and Executive Producer
NICHOLAS SKIDMORE

Line Producer
CHRIS SKIDMORE

with Special Thanks to
MARIE TOMACELLI, provider of trained horses and handling consultant
KOJIN TASHIRO, music consultant
NATALIE CUMMINS, wardrobe
ELIZABETH ISAACS, story formation
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH of Lexington, Kentucky
BOSSE FUNERAL HOME of Louisville, Kentucky
STEPHEN JOHNSON & WHISPERING WOODS RIDING STABLES of Georgetown, Kentucky

Nice work, impressed that you managed to pull it off with everything that went on. Reminds me a little of our first 48 project - we had too many actors and too many different locations and it led to a lot of running around.

I lie awake at night thinking about the extra hurdles that the members of our team had to overcome, just because I have never made a film before in my life.

Don't waste your time just lying awake at night - you could be staying awake and making another 48H film with everything you learned this time! ;)

I normally work a 60 to 80-hour workweek, so the 48HFP was the best way for me to cram in a full short. Though I began to hallucinate from lack of sleep near the end of the weekend.

not bad for your first outing! congrats on finishing on time, and some nice work in there! Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Back